Home

Super Line Backers are back

This is a discussion on Super Line Backers are back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #409
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Super Line Backers are back

I just don't understand how all the people that got to play the game early said this was gone from the game along with psychic db's. I was so pumped to hear that and the cold reality is that they couldn't have been more wrong
Old 07-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #410
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
A lot of those people were also playing without named rosters and things have been said to make a difference.

sent from parts unknown
Old 07-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #411
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i don't get why every year, the guys that play it early say so many things are fixed and then ea manages to break it all by retail. how do they do that?

like uniform degradation. that's two years in a row that they've botched that one. i would think that you'd have to purposely try in order to fail that hard. but whatever.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #412
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
A lot of those people were also playing without named rosters and things have been said to make a difference.

sent from parts unknown
Without named rosters pre-patch the zone is really ineffective. Post-patch not so much. Pre-patch with named roster you still have some. Pre-patch named rosters with 40 off jump rating it's about right. They are still able to knock balls out of recievers constantly even with catch on conservative.

Just wish I didn't have to fix it myself
Old 09-11-2011, 08:07 AM   #413
Rookie

OVR: 2

By accident, I played nearly a full season in Dynasty mode on Varsity, and I thought that they had indeed fixed the LB problem. But when my U of North Texas team (I like to play crappy teams) beat #1 Alabama, I knew something was wrong.

After changing to AA, the super LBs returned. With the same QB and the same WRs and TEs, I went from 1 INT per game to 5 INTs per game.

This suggests two things:
  1. Reviewers probably thought the problem was fixed because they played on Varsity.
  2. Sliders might solve the problem, which is less tedious than adjusting the Jump ability before every game. I know that changing the difficulty doesn't correlate to changes in sliders, but it is a systemic change that the sliders might counteract.

Another option is, because I didn't see the problem nearly as much in Varsity difficulty, is it possible to customize the sliders for Varsity so that it's similar to AA difficulty but without the super LBs? I'm thinking probably not because to jack the sliders that high (or low for the player) might translate into even more arcade-y behaviors.

I tried to read through all 42 pages of this thread, but I might have missed a few post, so I apologize if others have mentioned these points.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #414
Banned

whitebrow24's Arena

OVR: 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp3wHM3IFDI

wtf?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »