Home

Super Line Backers are back

This is a discussion on Super Line Backers are back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Super Line Backers are back

Honestly, I had NOT read that linebackers were toned down. Nor did I expect this. Until EA directly mentions this, I expect it.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #10
Banned

TheMove4's Arena

OVR: 7

Thats why you cant listen to anybodys love fest first impressions on these forums. They honey moon this game and talk it up, and than weeks later trash talk it.

I seeing super LBs backin my first demo played and everyone denied it.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #11
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
It's already easy enough to score so why make it even easier? It's annoying yes but come on lol
Not to keep dog-piling the rabbit here...but, would you or anyone else be so flippant about this issue if every one of those superleap LB knock downs were to be turned into simple WR drops? Ooops, he dropped it...wide open 20 yards down field and no one within sight and he just, DROPS it. That would be better wouldn't it? I seem to remember a few years ago they did that very thing to "help" the defense out...and and people went NUTS!

To anyone that has thrown a controller because of the leaping LBs(and DTs too), you have my sympathy and I hope they do fix this. Once a game or even twice would be ok but not every stinkin pass to an open WR. That's why I sold NCAA 11 after their last patch/tuner didn't address this. If its the same again this year...I don't know what I'll do!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #12
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

These LBs are really starting to piss me off.

I'm in my BYU dynasty against Texas losing 14-16.

I'm driving down the field and it's 4th and 4, my last chance for the first down. I have a man literally WIDE OPEN, there's a linebacker in a zone, not even looking at me, his back is literally turned to me.

I loft the ball to my receiver who should have an easy catch and possibly the game winning TD and what happens? The LB jumps in the air, without EVER TURNING AROUND TO WATCH ME THROW THE BALL, and hits it out of the air with one hand none the less.

I was so disgusted I quit the game and simmed, still lost but that was pure and utter garbage.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:46 AM   #13
Banned

TheMove4's Arena

OVR: 7

Super LBs are the same as last year. Its not tuned down like crazy posters make it seem. Its just as bad as ever. I just threw a 25 yard pass and threw a bullet. LB 5ft away from me jumps up with 1 arm strethced in the air and catches the ball pulls it down.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:42 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

This year I don't feel like I'm being cheated by the LBs as much. MOST picks and deflections I've seen seem totally fair and in line with what a line backer could realistically do. That said I still believe the system is broken because With better trajectory on throws I should be able to fit certain passes over their heads
Old 07-13-2011, 05:02 AM   #15
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3

Not only are these LB's ridiculous, but the zone defense overall is overpowered. I have WR's wide open and I mean WIDE OPEN and these DB's come out of nowhere even when their backs are turned towards the play. I realized the need to fix zone defense, but they made it dam near impossible to pass on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 05:06 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
So, in all the reviews for this game I have read, most have mentioned that line backers leaping into the air to knock down passes has been toned down, but I am not seeing that at all. I routinely see LB leap into the air to knock down a pass to a WR 5 to 10 yards behind them. So much so, that it is beginning to really annoy me. If I try to put touch on the ball, then they are more likely to intercept it. Am I the only one who feels that this is a problem? I don't mind the challenge, but seeing a LB leap into the air and knock down a pass to a WR 10 yards behind him just takes me out of the immersion of the game. I have never seen that done in real life. It just serves to remind me that this is a video game and that kind of ruins the illusion if you know what I mean.
Its been toned down 10 fold imo.

It honestly doesn't bother me any more as much as it used to. Its been apart of EA football for about 6 years now, I've just come to accept the fact that you need a clear passing lane between your QB and intended WR or a tip from the LB might happen.

If the WR is only 5 yards behind the LB, realistically, the LB should be able to tip the pass, but, the issue comes when your WR is 15 or 20 yards behind the LB. The trajectory of the ball is still not high enough to consistently get it over the head of the LB.

I'm not really sure why they can't adjust this, I mean they had it perfect on the PS2 and Xbox back in the day.

psn - CeeGee

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »