Home

Super Line Backers are back

This is a discussion on Super Line Backers are back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #57
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Super Line Backers are back

Ive spent quite alot of time with the game and i think you guys are just making dumb chooses in passes....

I havnt seen any 1 handed ints yet and the LB's dont seem to be a huge deal but maybe I need more time with it..
Old 07-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 9

I will agree.. I have played 40 games so far and havent seen that many. I have seen some, but no where near years past
Old 07-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
Maybe try a little bit of rushing. Switch it up. If you're throwing 5 interceptions a game, you are doing something wrong.
Are you watching people that have this issue play there game? If not, why are you commenting on how they're playing? I run the ball often, and don't throw a bunch of INTs.

Actually if you run the ball a lot like I do that's when this get's annoying. If you're passing every play one pass getting knocked down is no big deal, but when you run a rushing offense where the pass is utilized on 3rd down to convert more often, getting a crazy defender knocking down your pass that stops the drive is really frustrating.

I'll be utilizing my running game, and short passing game to move down the field, and eventually you're gonna have to convert a 3rd and 4+ and pass to do it. Attempt to make a pass to a receiver that beat his man, and some dude that's nowhere near the play magically knocks it down and now I gotta punt.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #60
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeeeeeez
This is getting out of hand. First off not only is the zone defense overpowered...but they run it every time I am running a passing play. I have seen man defense on a passing play ONE time in 25 games now. I hope a patch comes out for this real soon.

Oh god no. Here we go again. And I am not trying to single you out. It is this type of general outcry that leads to tuners and patches ruining what is already out of the box a great game IMO.

The passing game is playing fine for me. The defense makes you pay for mistakes.....finally.

When people start getting in uproar that the game is too hard....that is when it get's dumbed down.

EA can never win....it is unreal.

I am making sure I do not download patch 2.0 until I see posts by OS'ers I highly respect. I don't play online so I don't need any further patches or tuners if they dumb down the game are cause other bugs to arise.

I have been playing EA football games for over 20 years.

This is their best one yet. It's never going to be perfect. There are some things that need work no question.

And Madden 12 is going to be amazing as well. They have listened and tightened up so many areas of gameplay that needed it. Tackling, zone defense, an effective pass rush.

Defense is back and stronger than ever....so game plan, practice and get better. Read the defense. Pump fake, establish the run, play action....score and win.

There are plenty of players here doing just that.

Enjoy the game!!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #61
Banned

Linebackers are killing me! But I am glad .I have to work harder to get better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
So you're saying a DE or LB should be able to make a play on a ball when:

- They never saw the Qb throw the ball.
- Their backs are turned.
- They're out of position relative to the WR.
- Their coverage stats are terrible.
- DE's can completely change momentum instantly (sprint one way, sprint the opposite way without slowing).
- Defenders can jump twice as high as they realistically should.
- Etc. Etc. Etc.
- DE's with 70 SPD/ACC are faster to the ball than my 97 SPD/ACC WR.

I've also seen plenty of awful defenders. Some LB's or DE's will just stay in their zone and not move at all while my QB scrambles right by them. Then once I'm 5 yards past, they'll turn and chase me. That's bad defense that's too bad, as opposed to being too good.

I'm not at all knocking your contribution to the community, but superman defenders appear several (10+) times a game. And playing on Heisman has nothing to do about it. It's a gameplay issue. EA should be able to program a more difficult AI setting without creating psychic superhumans. Right? Even on AA, it's more like 5-8 times per game, as opposed to once every other game, as you said.

As I stated before, I welcome realistic defensive challenges. But I don't want psychic superman defenders. It seems EA can't achieve both.
I think you should re-read what I said. I do agree that they need to make it so that if a defenders back is turned they're not psychic about the ball. But that is just one aspect of super linebacker in the game. To me I think to fix the super linebacker issue, as I see it, is to turn down their super-human jumping ability.

As for yours or others claims you're seeing it 5 to 8 times a game, to each his own, in the 20+ games I've played I'm not seeing it anywhere near that. I usually have 1, maybe 2 times a game, where there is questionable linebacker bat down or interception of a ball that could be filed under "super linebacker" play.
Some games I have not seen it even once.

Yes I'll admit it's frustrating as hell when it happens but I don't consider it to be a huge game issue either. As others here have said, it's much more noticeably improved from 11 and I imagine that in 13 we will see it refined further. EA already improved on the psychic DB's jumping curl routes in the 1st patch so it's possible this sort of thing could also be addressed this year.

Don't misunderstand me guys, i'm not denying this is an issue, we just disagree on the severity of it is all.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 07-13-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #63
Rookie

BlitzPackage's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Oh god no. Here we go again. And I am not trying to single you out. It is this type of general outcry that leads to tuners and patches ruining what is already out of the box a great game IMO.

The passing game is playing fine for me. The defense makes you pay for mistakes.....finally.

When people start getting in uproar that the game is too hard....that is when it get's dumbed down.

EA can never win....it is unreal.

I am making sure I do not download patch 2.0 until I see posts by OS'ers I highly respect. I don't play online so I don't need any further patches or tuners if they dumb down the game are cause other bugs to arise.

I have been playing EA football games for over 20 years.

This is their best one yet. It's never going to be perfect. There are some things that need work no question.

And Madden 12 is going to be amazing as well. They have listened and tightened up so many areas of gameplay that needed it. Tackling, zone defense, an effective pass rush.

Defense is back and stronger than ever....so game plan, practice and get better. Read the defense. Pump fake, establish the run, play action....score and win.

There are plenty of players here doing just that.

Enjoy the game!!!!!
Yes! You know, there for awhile, the linebacker thing bothered me. However, I don't mind this being the challenge that forces me to pay more attention to my reads before AND after the snap. I mix the run and pass rather evenly, but if it takes more time for me to master ball placement and correctly identifying defensive schemes, then so be it. A victory is much more rewarding when it's earned rather than gifted.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #64
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm playing heisman and I'm experiencing the same thing. Really, really annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »