Home

Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

This is a discussion on Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #233
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

Is there a difference in the Xbox and PS3 version, perhaps?

What versions are people on?

I am on the 360
AA
Threshold 50
Pass coverage 0
Pass Rush 0
Pass block 100

And I struggle to complete 50% of my passes and if I were to try that vertical play, I would get sacked more often than not by the time my receivers got separation. I see the middle crossing receiver get open like in 11, but not as often as last year.

Still, my problem is not with completing too many bombs, it is with the LBs and DBs reacting too quickly to routes, whether on the guy they are covering, in a zone, or leaving their coverage to help on another receiver.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #234
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
4 Verts was just as bad if not worse last year, so I wouldn't waste time testing things with it. You aren't going to get it to "work".
I disagree i posted videos a few pages back showing how the DB's reacted much better to the play in NCAA 11

I had no problems with DB's either knocking the ball down, jarring the ball lose or picking off the pass completely

Verticals in NCAA 11 for me worked about 20% of the time after sliders

This year it's way higher not even close because the DB's are terrible at playing the ball or that silly basket catch animation takes them complteley out of the play.

Like i said everyone knows i love NCAA but this problem shouldn't be swept under the rug or else this game will never reach it's full potential and i hope EA finds away to reduce the situation with a Tuner and please don't tell me not to call the play in order to avoid having it happend because that to me is not a solution.

There are instances when you are going to trail in a game late in the 4th qtr's and the play simply has to be called at times i don't want to be able to convert it over 50% of the time and that is being nice because right now it's happening about 70% of time

The OP has taken some flack for creating this thread and two weeks ago in the DEMo i probably would have given him some flack myself but i've witnessed it up close for myself now and i agree with him 100%

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-16-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #235
Rookie

RandyTR's Arena

OVR: 0

I've seen this question asked earlier in the post, yet I couldn't find a solution. If I upset anyone by jumping in between discussions, I'm sorry. I need a way to fix the issue of having the CPU run their WR's deep, then literally hail mary to a receiver who is covered by two of my guys. While the balls in the air, my defenders and his WR are waiting for a jump ball. EVERY TIME WITHOUT FAIL, I cannot seem to prevent the WR from catching it.

I'm not saying I'm amazing, but I have it on All-American and I like switch to my DB's when the ball is headed to a WR. In most cases, I have a successful swat or pick. But not matter how many times I select my DB during this jump ball, he can't stop it.

Any suggestions, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #236
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I disagree i posted videos a few pages back showing how the DB's reacted much better to the play in NCAA 11

I had no problems with DB's either knocking the ball down, jarring the ball lose or picking off the pass completely

This year it's way higher not even close because the DB's are terrible at playing the ball or that silly basket catch animation takes them complteley out of the play.

Like i said everyone knows i love NCAA but this problem shouldn't be swept under the rug or else this game will never reach it's full potential and i hope EA finds away to reduce the situation with a Tuner and please don't tell me not to call the play in order to avoid having it happend because that to me is not a solution.

There are instances when you are going to trail in a game late in the 4th qtr's and the play simply has to be called at times i don't want to be able to convert it over 50% of the time and that is being nice because right now it's happening about 70% of time

The OP has taken some flack for creating this thread and two weeks ago in the DEMo i probably would have given him some flack myself but i've witnessed it up close for myself now and i agree with him 100%
Now that someone with some "clout" around here recognizes this is a big issue it should go a long way to getting this fixed.

I swear with threshold @ 50 cpu defenders play better, am I just seeing things? However, @ 50, im seeing more pick six's and kick returns.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #237
Rookie

KillerNuts's Arena

OVR: 0

The problem is mostly CPU play calling.

There's a lot of situations where they're in cover two or with man with no help over the top, so when you're running verts that's going to be open every time.
The way defenders defend now in zone, they pretty much apex everyone near their zone, which, partly because of the low trajectory of passes, makes medium range passes very difficult and long passes are pretty hit or miss (if you wait too long, 1 guy can cover 2 easily), since they won't commit to 1 guy if there are two in his zone.
www.traditionsportsonline.com
Old 07-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #238
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

After watching your videos, it's clear you don't know what makes the 4 Verts play so effective. The slot receiver/TE going over the middle is the route that is money, not the streaking receivers on the sidelines. The defense, whether in zone or in man, simply do not react to the play properly the majority of the time. Sometimes they might be able to make the play if the ball isn't throw with good accuracy or the timing is disrupted, but it happens far too often. Trust me - it was the same last year no matter what you did with sliders, difficulty, etc. I may post some videos eventually if I feel so inclined, but I think there are plenty of users here who know what I'm talking about. After playing online earlier today, it's obvious the Play Now community is widely aware of it.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #239
Rookie

bhbdawg's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI (Videos on pg.19).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBizzle
I'm playing on Heisman, with CPU coverage maxed out at 100, and the CPU is still serving big plays.
Humblebragging, IMO.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #240
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

I just noticed this in my most recent game. I was using Hawaii going up against Louisville. I scored 20 quick points and racked damn near 300 yards passing in the first half running 4 verge. The CPU kept bringing their safety up too far, lleaving a wide open lane up the middle of the field...in the 2nd half, the CPU finally had their safties playing back and shut the play down limiting me in the 2nd half...I was up 27-7 at halftime...I ended up winning 44-12...btw, I'm using modified AA sliders.
MLB: Atlanta Braves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »