Home

Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids

This is a discussion on Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

I also can't figure out his theory about replaying the closest games of the season, yet he mentions the 3-point game between Oregon State and USC while replaying the 5-point game between Oregon State and NM State. He also talks about how he doesn't like the plays Corso picks, but every single time, he does ask coach. His videos show just how far we've come. If I tried to throw with 3 and 4 defenders around my receivers this year, it'd be deflected or picked off... just like in real life. Chances of you making that catch are slim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #66
Rookie

DahLZy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Thank you.

I have no idea wtf the OP was trying to convey here with this post.

To think these 2 games are remotely similar is absolutely crazy. it's hysterical really.

Ok, i'm going to go find a post that is useful, reasonable, and logical.
dude..... wake up. of course they aren't similar!! It's been ten years smart one. But its the fact of how in ten years they really haven't added all that much EXCEPT improved visuals. Gameplay is literally the same.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #67
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
I also can't figure out his theory about replaying the closest games of the season, yet he mentions the 3-point game between Oregon State and USC while replaying the 5-point game between Oregon State and NM State. He also talks about how he doesn't like the plays Corso picks, but every single time, he does ask coach. His videos show just how far we've come. If I tried to throw with 3 and 4 defenders around my receivers this year, it'd be deflected or picked off... just like in real life. Chances of you making that catch are slim.
I'm sure the difficulty was on varsity.

I challenge the NCAA dev team to go back and play NCAA 2002-06 and take notes of all the things that were done right. Before this year's release my PS3 got the YLOD, so I dusted off the PS2 and started to play some of the old NCAA's. Those game were so polished. Players moved realistically. If you sprint to the sideline with your HB you can feel the momentum pulling you out of bounds as you turn upfield. As many have said the passing was light years ahead of what we have now. Those games were built on fundamentals- a good starting base. This generation was poorly developed, the foundation wasn't solid, and the entire series has tried to play catch up and in the process there have been bugs on top of bugs. I pray one day we get back to the solid foundation that was built on "last-gen."
Old 07-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #68
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

I say we throw out all these silly things like collision engines that make the game run smooth. I like the old days where people slid around the field and could stop on a dime every time. That is how football is meant to be played. I say we go back to the old outdated gameplay that really doesn't resemble football.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #69
Rookie

Suvorov's Arena

OVR: 3

I had to LOL at this guy's commentary while playing. First play he throws, and the WR catches the ball and he yells, "Caught". Lol Then they show the mascot and he says, "Oregon Beaver", like we don't know who he is.

Also, in the first video, the guy wasted 4 minutes and 10 seconds reading the names of all the teams in the game, and butchering most of them. For Bethune Cookman he said Beth-a-reen Cookman...lol
Old 07-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #70
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
I say we throw out all these silly things like collision engines that make the game run smooth. I like the old days where people slid around the field and could stop on a dime every time. That is how football is meant to be played. I say we go back to the old outdated gameplay that really doesn't resemble football.
We must have different copies of NCAA 12 then.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
Something is wrong here. Am I in bizarro world right now lol. Let me get this right, you're saying that the older versions of the game the players slid around the field and turned on a dime?

I think you all are just ****ing with me right now. Gotta be. I'm outta here, there's some serious matrix **** going on in here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #72
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Just posting to subscribe...and let you guys know I'm here. This thread is gonna need some TLC before it's done.

Let's let people have their opinions , guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »