Home

Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids

This is a discussion on Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #49
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I think you have it backwards my friend. The new way should read (being able to reverse direction instantly) Thats what we're trying to get rid of. There's no clunky movement now man. The players lack any type of weight these days.
I guess you are right come to think of it. Running is pretty smooth this year.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

I love the way the QB moves and throws.. The passing game in last gen is still superior to this gen imo. Just look at how the ball floats in the air. Trajectory is nearly perfect on both bullets and lobs. Also, no real sign of psychic DBs/LBs. Just crisp.

The good ole days.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #51
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Wow, I think this video has opposite the OPs intended effect, makes NCAA 12 look worlds better. Was 2002 really that bad? Nostalgia is a powerful thing as I remember it being much better than that video...
Exactly. I pity the man with a copy of NCAA Football 12 that looks like that.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 4

Leave the guy alone. He obviously was nervous. Whether he has a speech impediment or not I could hear he was afraid he was gonna mess up not everyone is good speaking to people.Trust me I went to speech therapy for almost 10 years and when I have to speak to a camera or in front of people I would sound illiterate(taught myself to read because of speech therapy when sounding out words and the picture cards).
Old 07-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #53
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerHog471
Leave the guy alone. He obviously was nervous. Whether he has a speech impediment or not I could hear he was afraid he was gonna mess up not everyone is good speaking to people.Trust me I went to speech therapy for almost 10 years and when I have to speak to a camera or in front of people I would sound illiterate(taught myself to read because of speech therapy when sounding out words and the picture cards).
Welcome to the internet.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezapleez
Welcome to the internet.
I know I shouldn't expected so much...
Old 07-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #55
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

The one thing that stuck out to me was the amount of stat overlays.

Why did EA decide to get rid of those??? Now I have to constantly press pause to check player stats when all they have to do is throw up some stats every 3 or 4 plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

wow the passing in this game is great. High arcing bullet passes is what i miss from old NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »