Home

Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids

This is a discussion on Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 01:18 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

Wow, I think this video has opposite the OPs intended effect, makes NCAA 12 look worlds better. Was 2002 really that bad? Nostalgia is a powerful thing as I remember it being much better than that video...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-26-2011, 01:23 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Wow, I think this video has opposite the OPs intended effect, makes NCAA 12 look worlds better. Was 2002 really that bad? Nostalgia is a powerful thing as I remember it being much better than that video...
No..just..no.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:39 AM   #19
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11

Unrelated but watching jokers like this play a game make me realize I am not exactly the audience tries to reach with these games. He is a closer to there audience honestly.

I laughed at the 1st video too. Don't feel bad.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:33 AM   #20
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Never played the game, since I didn't have a PS2 and it didn't come out for XBox until a year later.
But I remember late in the summer of 2001 watching a demo of this game at Toys R Us. Michigan vs. Florida State. And I was amazed by the graphics. I thought it was an incredible step up from the disappointing look of the NCAA series on PS-1.
Also, I must admit I watched that first video longer than I should have, just to see how many school names that guy would mess up (quite a few).

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 AM   #21
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

Ahh the memories. I remember getting this game and a PS2 on Xmas day. Best xmas for me. Spent countless hours playing this game and was in awe of the graphics at the time. There are still some subtitles that I wish EA would implement in today's game. There is so much potential when you look at what they accomplished on a "last-gen" console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 02:53 AM   #22
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

There is one thing I'd LOVE back from the PS1 editions. They used to have the FCS (Then I-AA) incorporated into dynasty with you! You could actually coach these schools, recruit as these schools, and do a dynasty as these schools. I remember fondly my days of playing as the Yale Bulldogs, and how happy I was to break into the top 100 recruiting classes. You could go undefeated, and the best you'd get was like, a 3 star.

That would be SO much fun to do with all the improvements now, like coach carousel. Just imagine starting off at a complete bottom feeder, and moving your way up.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:00 AM   #23
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycodmn
There is one thing I'd LOVE back from the PS1 editions. They used to have the FCS (Then I-AA) incorporated into dynasty with you! You could actually coach these schools, recruit as these schools, and do a dynasty as these schools. I remember fondly my days of playing as the Yale Bulldogs, and how happy I was to break into the top 100 recruiting classes. You could go undefeated, and the best you'd get was like, a 3 star.

That would be SO much fun to do with all the improvements now, like coach carousel. Just imagine starting off at a complete bottom feeder, and moving your way up.
I'm with you man. Those games were more tailored to hard-core fans. Unfortunately, today's games are geared to catching the attention of casual fans and that addition probably wouldn't do much for the sale of the game. We can hope though. Just getting 1-AA teams in the game would be a giant step.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:01 AM   #24
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Oh man. Just listening to that guy read out the names of the teams in the first vid made it worth watching, lol.

He calls Ohio, Idaho.
Then when he gets to UL Lafayette I just about lost it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »