Home

Pulling OL & FB don't hit second level

This is a discussion on Pulling OL & FB don't hit second level within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
In the past the blocker would have just sucked the defender into the block but now they have to touch. I think brings out other problems with blocking.

Check out this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsCqg6STgqE&NR=1 Just a 3 man rush on a pass play and same thing, 2 of my blockers just stand and watch as the guy rushes right around them. I even had the pass blocking slider up to 65 and pass rush down to 45.

In past years that rushing DE would have been sucked right into one of those 2 linemen but since they didn't make any contact it seems they don't know what to do.
I have watched my FB bump the guy he should be blocking and block someone else.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
Rookie

attheskylines's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pulling OL & FB don't hit second level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan04103
Using MKHarsh33's slider set I run a run heavy playbook (option, marylandI, powerI, etc.) and I do get some OL/FB second level blocking. The key for me is to stay patient and it is awesome to be following one of your big boys right toward a CB! This is my experience.
On the rare, rare occurrences that this has happened for me, it truly is an awesome sight to behold. Seeing your FB lay that last block on a CB and then juking away from the Safety and into the open field is an amazing experience.

Problem is though that this almost never happens. Either the FB or OL run off to go get a hotdog in the stands and leave my QB/HB to get crushed by the DE, CB, or OLB.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

The impact blocking as well as the run blocking rating has a huge effect on whether or not the player will block into the second level.

A way to "get" them to do it if they have poor ratings is to put Impact Blocking to Aggressive in the adjustments. You take the risk of getting some clipping calls, but you will start to see the FB and pulling OL get out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEFxxROCKEM
Its a some timing thing with this. Sometimes they pull all the way and hit the second level and sometimes they just stop right in the middle of a hole that you can drive a truck through. It was like this in NCAA 11 as well. Anyone else having this problem?
I play with primarily SC right now, and at first Coffee (FB) was sucking balls into the secondary... since I started doing Aggressive IB every once in a while (to reduce the risk) he starts to get into the secondary, and then he will usually get yellow as well as the lineman start to get yellow (on fire) and then it makes running that much easier.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #13
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
To the OP, what gamespeed are you playing on, also threshold?

I've found that on slow speed at a threshold of around 45 this does not happen as often as on normal speed 50 threshold. Also, increasing run block eliminates this issue. Strange but true.

Definitely an annoyance and hopefully this aspect is tuned in the future.
Online dynasties its a normal gamespeed with 30 threshold and oflline dynasty its slow with 0 threshold
Old 08-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
Rookie

anonymous6237's Arena

OVR: 0

I seem to have more of a problem with my lineman getting to the second (sometimes third) level and ignoring unblocked defenders on the first (or second) level. It happens 3-4 times per game where my blocker charges right past a blitzing linebacker with the intention of blocking a safety who's still falling into coverage. Very frustrating.

Also, I have to set my slide adjustment to aggressive on almost every running play just to get my lineman to consider blocking in the second level. Otherwise I'll have 6 blockers (OL and TE) blocking 3 D-Line, leaving 4 LBs (running 3-4 here) to crash the run and only one FB to protect me.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #15
Rookie

HokieTokie's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Exactly and it's a HUGE problem for me because the line doesn't get up to the next level as is and against users I use lead option plays but the FB just runs past the DB he should be blocking.

I was deadly with lead/load option plays last year, but this year your FB doesn't block AT ALL on those plays. Also like you said blkrp, I've seen my fb brush right past a blitzing lb only to stop running 3 feet later. OP if you're still reading, a bit of friendly advice from one option player to another; use toss plays. It's the best way to get outside runs, and for me has a similar affect as the lead option last year. I-Form Twins toss has the FB blocking much better than on any lead option. Let me know if that helps.

As for inside runs and offset runs, I don't usually have a problem with the FB not blocking. Sometimes the pulling OL will miss an obvious block, but the game isn't perfect. I'll break a 20+ yd inside run almost ever game.

Lastly, run blocking online seems to be better, not sure if it's user error on their part, or the slower (lag) gamespeed, or the fact that i've mostly been playing ranked quickmatch (b/c roster glitch). I could be imagining this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #16
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieTokie
I was deadly with lead/load option plays last year, but this year your FB doesn't block AT ALL on those plays. Also like you said blkrp, I've seen my fb brush right past a blitzing lb only to stop running 3 feet later. OP if you're still reading, a bit of friendly advice from one option player to another; use toss plays. It's the best way to get outside runs, and for me has a similar affect as the lead option last year. I-Form Twins toss has the FB blocking much better than on any lead option. Let me know if that helps.

As for inside runs and offset runs, I don't usually have a problem with the FB not blocking. Sometimes the pulling OL will miss an obvious block, but the game isn't perfect. I'll break a 20+ yd inside run almost ever game.

Lastly, run blocking online seems to be better, not sure if it's user error on their part, or the slower (lag) gamespeed, or the fact that i've mostly been playing ranked quickmatch (b/c roster glitch). I could be imagining this.
Most of the time its the counter or lead

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »