Home

For the Love of God People...

This is a discussion on For the Love of God People... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 04:17 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: For the Love of God People...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybru22
I love NCAA 12. Am hooked. Love playing online.

But 2/3rds out of every people I play do not play the game in any way that resembles real college football. Either they run the ball every. single. play., they play as a team with a giant wideout and just throw it up to him and user catch every time, they run WR end-arounds every play, etc. It is mind boggling: Are these people having fun doing this?

Has anybody else been noticing this? It has become a rarity to play a full, realistic game with somebody who can play solid football and who doesn't quit. UGH.
This is new?

I learned a long time ago to only play online with people I know and play sim ball. Otherwise, it's a waste of time that you'll never get back.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well people have their ways of playing.
Personally I like to play a control the clock type of ball.
I run the ball almost every time on first and second down unless I lose yards running the ball.
Occasionally I throw in a pass on 1st or 2nd down just to keep the other guy guessing.
A lot of people want to get into a scoring battle where whoever has the ball last will win.
Controlling the clock is the best way to win.
I dont do stuff like always run out of the Maryland I or anything because that is just a cheap way of playing.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #11
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Or the EASHL in NHL12. It has it's cheesers, but when you get a solid game, there is no better sports gaming experience.
Hmm I have actually heard alot of good thing about NHL over the years but never been that big of a hockey fan.. sounds like I need to try it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #12
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
lol beating these guys is easy, i have a much harder time beating someone who plays sim ball. So yes i do have fun kicking these guys ***. I can beat a top 5 player then struggle against a well balanced well put together offense. The hike and chuck doesn't really bother me, stick skills scares the heck out of these guys. Once they see user pick pop up on their screen they get gun shy lol.

Here is a vid of some guy "I OU A BEATIN" beating down some douch cheeser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNS_r...layer_embedded
Good lord Tennessee doesn't even run those formations. What a tard.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #13
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
lol beating these guys is easy, i have a much harder time beating someone who plays sim ball. So yes i do have fun kicking these guys ***. I can beat a top 5 player then struggle against a well balanced well put together offense. The hike and chuck doesn't really bother me, stick skills scares the heck out of these guys. Once they see user pick pop up on their screen they get gun shy lol.

Here is a vid of some guy "I OU A BEATIN" beating down some douch cheeser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNS_r...layer_embedded
Haha.. I love playing games to the background music of Transformers/Pirates of the Caribbean/Remember the Titans... makes every so much more epi.c
Old 08-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #14
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

online cheesers suck. I love beating them by running a balanced offensive and quite simply running the clock down. Often I can get rid of an entire quarter in just one drive, sometimes more. I only do this if am playing a cheeser though.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #15
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

I haven't played a football game online since Madden 2005 on the PS2. Glad to see I'm not missing anything.

Only sports game I play online is NHL. EASHL is a great mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #16
Rookie

tebowfanai's Arena

OVR: 9

I've played online three times in NCAA '12, twice against a user with Oregon and against a user with Virginia Tech. The gamer using VT played the game very realistically. However, the Oregon users were cheesers if I've ever seen them, throwing the ball every single time from a five wide set and never even letting LaMichael James touch the ball. I try to play the game as realistically possible as I can.

- Chuck Noll

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »