Home

Sick Of!!

This is a discussion on Sick Of!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #17
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Sick Of!!

that's the problem with the graphics looking so realistic.

In our brains we think they are supposed to be little people out there with lifelike reactions and physics (because they look real) but in reality they look about 10 years ahead of computer AI and generated animations/physics that would allow the game to play as our brain wants them to.

that was the beauty of playing video football in the old days with little blocky characters. You don't expect them to make realistic plays like which way their heads were turned since they had no necks.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
1) Asante Samuel. Look up some of his highlights and how he peels of his man to make interceptions on passes he isn't watching.
Please feel free to link me to a video showing Asante Samuel (or any player for that matter) peeling off his man the instant the ball is thrown to cover another area of the field without looking back at the QB.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIAggie
Those are with named-rosters, i've never seen that happen with the default rosters...nice try tho
I will be sure to upload my highlights tonight of default numbered rosters and this same thing happening. That way, I can say same thing "Nice try tho".

I don't understand how some of you guys are defending this as being "ok". I understand the whole "try to imagine he was alerted". That is just a simple cover up to the real issue.

See there are plenty of other games that use line of sight, hearing, and communication between AI as a means of replicating human reactions to situations. Many first person shooters such as the legendary Thief series pioneered human reactions based on sight, hearings, and communication. Then future games such as Crysis, Hitman, Splinter cells, etc all further used dynamic AI that used more true to life reactions.

There is even sports titles going into this fold such as the new FIFA 12 which we all know is a EA title, so it is only a matter of time until this tech is implemented into the football franchises. There is nothing wrong with wanting to improve the realistic side of how players react guys.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #20
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

All I am saying is that I can accept it happening sometimes but yes, it does happen more than it should.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #21
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

I agree Phoebia this is pretty bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

It makes throwing to a open receiver dangerous and if I can't throw to someone who is open who am I supposed to throw too?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

super linebackers are even worse they make plays that no real lb would ever do
Old 08-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #24
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0187420
Yeah I can read the defense pretty good but if the guy that is open can be stopped by someone who isn't even looking whats the point of reading the defense? I also like how 1 guy can somehow guard 4 people
This is seriously the best statement of all time on OS... It's useless reading the defense b/c what the computer DB guys do is not human. They will play coverage poorly, then somehow instantly as soon as the ball is thrown put them selves perfectly back into a play.

See a safety drop down into a shallow zone coverage and think you got your speedy WR one on one deep over the middle? It don't matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »