Home

Sick Of!!

This is a discussion on Sick Of!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Sick Of!!

To further state what someone else has pointed out already.

Would you be mad if a real life person sitting next to you switched to the Safety and made that play? No probably not. Now you will say "he can see the whole field", well that is a cop out, we are playing against an "Artificial Intelligence" where it also has that "whole field view" with an even faster reaction time.

Now I hate it as much as anyone.

Here is what EA needs to do to fix it now and what to do in future installments.

Now:
- Tune the reaction time of the defense.

Future:
- Give us the Madden sliders
- Give us a global editor for offline users
- Make a 'sim' mode with proper head tracking by the CPU. (not that crap they have now) This is needed for the guys who 'only throw' the ball and let the CPU WR catch for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #26
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbussen
Please feel free to link me to a video showing Asante Samuel (or any player for that matter) peeling off his man the instant the ball is thrown to cover another area of the field without looking back at the QB.
Will do. I am gonna have to send you highlight reels but I will tell you the time to go to in the video to see what I am talking about.

Go to 42 - 48 second in the video.

Asante is in man to man with the outside receiver and has he go behind, he sees the slot receiver is running a slot route. He then passes his receiver to the safety help over the top and turn to intercept the ball that has already been thrown.

He does this because he is not reading the receivers eyes but reading the routes. The "Go - Out" route combination is a commonly used route and the outside receiver is clearing that side CB to make room for the slot receivers out route.

If you watch closely, Asante never looks at the QB. He merely sees his man is running a go and the slot receiver is making that cut so he gambles and turns to intercept the ball that has already been thrown.

The Patriots ran a very similar scheme with him and some defenses, if you have a great CB such as that, will do the same.

ESPN had a complete breakdown on this "No-look Interception" Samuel was pulling off multiple times a season when he was with the Patriots.

Now I am not saying every CB in the game should do this, and it does happen more than it should. But what you are seeing is not that ridiculous.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #27
Rookie

synjin's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm sick of 300lbs+ DT's who have dropped into pass coverage during a zone blitz, instantly leaping 5 feet sideways to intecept a bullet pass to a slot WR just breaking inside on a slant. He's got gigantic pads on his forearms and taped hands, yet he catches my bullet.

I'm sick of the ball having zero loft, making the short fade route, utterly worthless, even against cover 2, which it was designed to take advantage of.

I'm sick of running by a DE getting dominated by my OT, only to watch the DE warp out in front of my power back who is running the ball, and then drive him 3 yards back.

I'm REALLY sick of watching DBs who are supposed to be in man coverage making tackles on rushers in the backfield, and blowing up sweeps and option runs for 7 yard losses when the runner isn't even outside the OT yet..

I'm sick of FB's running right past the MLB who is filling the gap we're rushing through. And in the replay, seeing the reason was because he wanted to block a CB flying in from the side.

I'm sick of the COMPUTER deciding that my pass should go directly to a safety sitting in deep coverage in the middle of the field instead of to my WR as he's 2 steps out of his break on a dig or post route that starts outside the numbers... even though I'm not throwing a leading pass, and just standing tall and unpressured in the pocket.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #28
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Will do. I am gonna have to send you highlight reels but I will tell you the time to go to in the video to see what I am talking about.

Asante is in man to man with the outside receiver and has he go behind, he sees the slot receiver is running a slot route. He then passes his receiver to the safety help over the top and turn to intercept the ball that has already been thrown.

He does this because he is not reading the receivers eyes but reading the routes. The "Go - Out" route combination is a commonly used route and the outside receiver is clearing that side CB to make room for the slot receivers out route.

If you watch closely, Asante never looks at the QB. He merely sees his man is running a go and the slot receiver is making that cut so he gambles and turns to intercept the ball that has already been thrown.

The Patriots ran a very similar scheme with him and some defenses, if you have a great CB such as that, will do the same.

ESPN had a complete breakdown on this "No-look Interception" Samuel was pulling off multiple times a season when he was with the Patriots.

Now I am not saying every CB in the game should do this, and it does happen more than it should. But what you are seeing is not that ridiculous.
1) There should only be 1 or 2 Asante Samuals in NCAA 12. New Mexico State should'nt be doing this to my Washington Huskies.

2) Even in the highlight you posted Samuals get's really luck, he was dropping into a short zone that happened to be right in front of the ball.

Pls go.

^^^^^^

I'm sick of my blockers not using any brains on toss and sweeps.

I'm sick of my every single PA pass in the game has a 75% chance of having a -8 yard result.

I'm sick of not being able to control my passes and 'feel' in control of my QB.

I'm sick of my WR's not reacting the ball in the air.

Last edited by 209vaughn; 08-11-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #29
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209vaughn
1) There should only be 1 or 2 Asante Samuals in NCAA 12. New Mexico State should'nt be doing this to my Washington Huskies.

2) Even in the highlight you posted Samuals get's really luck, he was dropping into a short zone that happened to be right in front of the ball.

Pls go.

^^^^^^

I'm sick of my blockers not using any brains on toss and sweeps.

I'm sick of my every single PA pass in the game has a 75% chance of having a -8 yard result.

I'm sick of not being able to control my passes and 'feel' in control of my QB.

I'm sick of my WR's not reacting the ball in the air.
Those have been fixed.

Yes, not every CB should be that good.. that is why I clearly said.. at the end of my post.. that.... you know... never mind...
Old 08-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

How are those fixed, I don't think they are fixed
MLB-Pirates
NBA-Heat
Old 08-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315

This is a MAJOR difference than what is happening in the game. This was a simple "right place - right time". He handed the outside WR off to the safety and broke to give short help. Just so happened as he is coming around he sees the WR running the out route preparing for the catch so he rotates around really quick for the pick.

Here is the key......he did not ADJUST to the ball the moment it was in the air. He did NOT know the ball was thrown until AFTER he got his eyes around to it.

So comparing that and what is happening in game is extremely short sighted. You are comparing a once in a career play of right place right time. To something that happens play after play after play in NCAA 12 by ALL defenders.

So long story short no human being can see in back in his head and adjust to passes he has yet to see. This happens in the game all the time and DOES effect gameplay. The Samuel play was nothing more than a excellent defensive play call combined with a excellent play by Samuel.

Last edited by Phobia; 08-11-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
To further state what someone else has pointed out already.

Would you be mad if a real life person sitting next to you switched to the Safety and made that play? No probably not. Now you will say "he can see the whole field", well that is a cop out, we are playing against an "Artificial Intelligence" where it also has that "whole field view" with an even faster reaction time.

Now I hate it as much as anyone.

Here is what EA needs to do to fix it now and what to do in future installments.

Now:
- Tune the reaction time of the defense.

Future:
- Give us the Madden sliders
- Give us a global editor for offline users
- Make a 'sim' mode with proper head tracking by the CPU. (not that crap they have now) This is needed for the guys who 'only throw' the ball and let the CPU WR catch for them.

Well the guy sitting next to me might see me throw the ball but he doesn't know who i am throwing to before the ball even leaves my hand and there is no saying who it would change him into it usually changes to the person closest to the ball which wouldn't be the safety.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »