Home

money talks!! i have a solution

This is a discussion on money talks!! i have a solution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: money talks!! i have a solution

No. I love the game, and always will.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #18
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbberry
money talks people!! instead of buying the game the day it comes out next year and being angry for a month, maybe more, while the devs at ea pat themselves on the back, we should do exactly what we've been forced to do with ncaa 2k8 basketball for years... all those great people in the community that edit all the rosters in record time after the release of the game should just edit the rosters of this years game to be current next year. have the release of the roster file coincide with the release of ncaa 13 and have all the same midnight release day parties! i don't think it would even be that hard, replace seniors with freshman, and re-rate everyone else. i call ncaa a 12 month purchase because i literally play the game until the next comes out, so by my calculations my 12 months wont be up until sometime in september next year. they'll get nervous when they see the pre-order numbers, and scared for their jobs when the sales figures come in. this way we can tell them, yes we like college football video games, but no selling broken games with a promise of a fix IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
what say the community?
Here's the thing: today, it'a great idea, and it will be tomorrow too. The problem is, come July 2012, my excitement will get the best of me.

Therefore, I propose a mass online intervention beginning in June.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #19
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Let's say you get 100 OSers to do this (a little high honestly), there are still over 700,000 others buying the game. EA wouldn't notice. Sorry
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:08 PM   #20
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Let's say you get 100 OSers to do this (a little high honestly), there are still over 700,000 others buying the game. EA wouldn't notice. Sorry
Yep........

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #21
Rookie

PLACT15's Arena

OVR: 0

If only 2k sports could get the rights to NCAA and NFL back. We can always dream though right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #22
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLACT15
If only 2k sports could get the rights to NCAA and NFL back. We can always dream though right
I always wonder why it gets limited to just 2k. They may not still make a game on par with their old games, but realistically, just having anybody come in and create a new game would be nice for the sake of competition, even if i didn't buy it.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Nah, I'll be buying the game on release date just as many others will. The thing is ...

1) Most people trade in the old game towards purchase of the new game.

2) Many others like to get a month of playing the new NCAA before splitting time with Madden.

3) If nobody is playing the new version, then how is the community going to find the obvious bugs that will be present in the game?

All this plan does is delay the finding and fixing of bugs by a month. I liek the passion, but not the plan.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #24
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

I wished it was possible to affect EA football but it's not.
If 2k was still alive maybe, but not with the current monopoly they have.

If there were a few thousand os'ers that boycotted and we were able to have some kind of advertising to get our point out to the casual gamers then were talking.

We would probably have a better chance of having an os'er become president of the United States so they could dissolve these exclusive contracts. And of course while there at it give 2k a loan to "create jobs"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »