Home

I still love this game -

This is a discussion on I still love this game - within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4
I still love this game -

The gameplay occasionally does some weird things but I still totally love it. It feels way more realistic to me than past editions. As N. Texas, if I play a way better team, I still lose but at least my guys can tackle and stop a drive now and then.

I realize it's not perfect, but PA feels better, tackling, running game, passing game [once you realize how to do it], QB taking off, etc. I just love it.

I hope you all are really enjoying it as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I still love this game -

I do like playing it as well. The patch seemed to make the gameplay flow better. We finally updated the dynasty quarters to 7 mins and slowed the game speed on heisman. SEems less chaotic now and always have a fighting chance to come back in games.

Its just the bugs and glitches that make this game not what it could be. The no huddle and numerous other things that piss people off.

How about releasing guides on wtf all the sliders do and player ratings? This game comes out every year and they can't just make a comprehensive guide that shows you what this stuff does?

Those are the little things that piss me off.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
passing game [once you realize how to do it]
i'm, for the love of God, still getting hammered in the passing game....

:soashamed:

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I haven't played that much but from what I have played it's pretty fun. But whats up with the instant replays? They jerk around a lot and the ball moves from the players hand, weird.

Xbox 360
Old 09-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I absolutely love this game and don't give a damn what the haters say

As I've often said: online gamers have the biggest gripe with the transfer failed issue.

As an offline gamer I am extremely happy. The good far outweighs the bad in my experience.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm starting to fade in interest and it's growing more difficult to update the dynasty I have up on here or even play. I'm going to try and look for good sliders though.

I'm having issues getting good balance. I want a CPU offense that can sustain a long drive, it seems like the CPU either scores in the first two plays or its going to eventually be a three and out. My CB's usually play terrible, even though in one dynasty I edited all my man coverage and speeds to 99 (cheap but I wanted to test some sliders) and could never get them to be true shutdown even when playing in man.

Once I find sliders that make the game feel more competitive but at the same time not cheap I'll be happy. I might bump up to Heisman and stay there for the first time in a long time, AA just isn't up to snuff for me, but oh well.

A lot of the issues I overlook, but after playing an older football game from EA (Madden 04-08) I see some things that I really wonder why they aren't over here. (I know Madden isn't NCAA but some things like preseason drills and such were in NCAA in a less glorified format in the last gen).

Is it terrible? No, I'm sure this will be the first NCAA that will make it through to next June for more, but right now I'm in a bit of a rut.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I absolutely love this game and don't give a damn what the haters say

As I've often said: online gamers have the biggest gripe with the transfer failed issue.

As an offline gamer I am extremely happy. The good far outweighs the bad in my experience.
Same here, ND. Love the game this year.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #8
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I agree with the sentiments of this thread. It is far from perfect, but it's a solid game and I've had a lot more fun with 12 than I did with 11.

Only a couple of things are getting to me, though.
1) No huddle glitch
2) The fact that the deep ball is far too easy to complete(for both me and the CPU)

Other than that, I'm having fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »