Home

Is it the game or College Football in general that brings you back?

This is a discussion on Is it the game or College Football in general that brings you back? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #9
Rookie

NDGipper32's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it the game or College Football in general that brings you back?

College Football in general. Though I do like to see the new recruiting classes on teams as well. Nowadays though, with the ability to create rosters and such, Its more just due to my love of football. I surely wish EA had some competition though. I think everyone would benefit from that. But regardless, I'll still buy '13, I do every year. Maybe not right away, but definitely midseason or right around NSD. I like to replay the season in hopes that it goes more along the lines that I had preferred. As long as EA is the only company making college football games, I'll be buying their game.

Current Dynasties ('14):
Playing: Year 6, New Mexico State Aggies 0-0. Week 1.

('11)
Idle: Year 9, Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-0. Preseason.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #10
Rookie

Simply because I love college football. It's my favorite sport to watch and play.
Nothing else comes close to it for me.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #11
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I forgot to say that NCAA is the one game that is an every year thing for me, good or bad or in between. It gets the most overall use, roughly release through February (longer if a good OD is still going) and I'll turn it on about once a day. For NCAA 12, I bet I spent more time on the game working on playbooks or recruiting than I did actually in game.

I have no doubt I'll get great use of NCAA 13, through whatever glitches are in store for us and all. That doesn't mean I think EA is doing a good job, they don't at all, but I love college football and I love online dynasties and can usually make the most out of EA's failures.

Still hope some day the game will just work nicely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Definitely College Football. Heck, I dont really watch College BBall. But, I would jump at the chance to play a college bball game.
I dont like baseball at all, but MLB the Show makes want to play yearly. Madden and NCAA doesnt really do it for me. If I didnt need a football fix, I wouldnt play it. I am buying the game 1st day. But, if some aspects of game(mostly gameplay) I dont see myself playing past the season(maybe even NBA 2k).
Old 04-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #13
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

NCAA is pretty much all I play. As upset about the game as I was this past year, I'll still buy 13. I'm addicted to college football on television. The only games I own are NCAA, Madden, and Call of duty. Thats it, and I quit playing COD. So NCAA is huge for me. As long as it's better than 12, which won't be hard to do, I'll buy it.
I just wish they would focus more on Dynasty mode since thats pretty much the game. That's what most of us constantly play.

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 04-07-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

For the love of the sport. Very frustrating following this series for decades now seeing them basically making no real progress in this series. When the 360 and PS3 were announced with multiple CPUs my expectations were sky high for sports games this generation,

However every sports game made huge strides except for Madden and NCAA. Hell even the UFC games made more strides then Madden and NCAA.

This whole generation EA Tiborun being pumping presentation every damn year. Come on son, got to get passed the HD phase and move on to improving other areas of the game. I don't care about 3D grass because you can't see it in natural game play, only highlight reel and instant replay. Don't care about motion blur because of the above reason.

Don't care about moving clouds, moving sun positions.....I'm not sky watching.

If they put the same amount of effort and passion into GAME PLAY like they do presentation and shiny graphics, this series would live up to my expectations. And for anybody that thinks they treat both EQUALLY, you just BS'ng yourself. Took this dev team 6 YEARS to get scrambling QBs back into the series.

Come April 17th we shall see how much effort they put into game play.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #15
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
For the love of the sport. Very frustrating following this series for decades now seeing them basically making no real progress in this series. When the 360 and PS3 were announced with multiple CPUs my expectations were sky high for sports games this generation,

However every sports game made huge strides except for Madden and NCAA. Hell even the UFC games made more strides then Madden and NCAA.

This whole generation EA Tiborun being pumping presentation every damn year. Come on son, got to get passed the HD phase and move on to improving other areas of the game. I don't care about 3D grass because you can't see it in natural game play, only highlight reel and instant replay. Don't care about motion blur because of the above reason.

Don't care about moving clouds, moving sun positions.....I'm not sky watching.

If they put the same amount of effort and passion into GAME PLAY like they do presentation and shiny graphics, this series would live up to my expectations. And for anybody that thinks they treat both EQUALLY, you just BS'ng yourself. Took this dev team 6 YEARS to get scrambling QBs back into the series.

Come April 17th we shall see how much effort they put into game play.
I completley agree with this. College football and the excitement of the new season makes me buy...I always buy Dang it. I am weak...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #16
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

It's definitely a College Football thing. That being said, NCAA isn't a must-buy game for me. It's more of a "I'll get it if I get around to it" thing. The last one I bought was '10, and if '13 looks as lackluster as '12 did, I'm not going to buy it, either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »