Home

How about bringing NCAA back to PC

This is a discussion on How about bringing NCAA back to PC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: How about bringing NCAA back to PC

Bottom line all the bickering about Piracy is silly. Modded xboxs and PS3's also exist and have pirated games. It occurs on all platforms, and the same ones who want to pirate on PC will be the same demographic that does it on the consoles. Not everyone on PC is a pirate or attempts to pirate software. This is a silly notion and is ridiculous narrow minded thinking.

With that said like Bronco was saying Origin greatly helps EA with a platform to stand on that easily brings their sports games to PC. So I believe this MUST happen! Hell I remember the Madden 05 leagues on PC being the best thing ever!

I have FIFA on PC and it is great. 360 controller works flawlessly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #26
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Also, piracy doesn't result in a direct 1:1 ratio of lost sales. While there are definitely people who would purchase the game if they couldn't get it for free, a lot of piracy is done on games that one normally wouldn't purchase.

Note: I am not advocating piracy, nor defending it.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Mods alone make the PC option even better for them. Most developers support modding because it gives legs to their products.

Madden 05 on PC was the best

To give you a example. I STILL have Madden 05 installed on my PC. The gameplay rivals current Maddens with all the tweaks available on the PC. Just look at those running animations

Last edited by Phobia; 04-23-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #28
Pro

There's absolutely no excuse for Madden/NCAA/NHL/etc to not be on PC. Especially with Origin now in place. EA could have those games be exclusively on Origin and EASILY make back the money that it took to port them over to PC.

2K Sports has released NBA 2K and MLB 2K for the last 3 years or so on PC at HALF THE PRICE of the console version. For anyone to say that PC versions of the EA Sports game "doesn't make economic sense," give me a freaking break.

I think they don't want to release all of their sports games on PC because the modding community extends the shelf life of a game that's released yearly. Hell look at Madden 08 and MVP 2005 on PC. Games that are STILL played by the community because they were quality games and modders can update pretty much everything in the game to fall in line with the current players/uniforms/etc.

Those people playing Madden 08 would HAPPILY purchase Madden 13 on the PC. And the same goes for games like NCAA, NHL, and others. If FIFA is on PC then I really have no idea why NHL isn't considering it's world-wide popularity.

And for EA Sports to act like the PC isn't a "viable" platform for their games is complete BS considering the so-called effort that they put into their games before they stopped. Games like Madden 08, and NHL 08/09 were STILL the PS2 versions of the game on PC years after they had been released on the Xbox 360/PS3. Like PC Gamers are going to buy a PS2 port when there's an Xbox 360 version available of the game. "Well it didn't sell very well, so we're going to stop releasing it." OF COURSE it didn't sell well idiots, you didn't put any effort into it.

It was stated that Alan Wake made back its PC Development cost in the first DAY that it was available on Steam. All of this talk about piracy, lack of sales, etc, is total garbage.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #29
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I understand and accept PC is not as profitable as PS3 and Xbox for most genres - that is a given. I can even understand a company therefore saying they'd prefer to devote 100% of their resources to the most profitable options - just makes business sense.

But it's not like EA actually do this - that is, devote 100% to PS3 and Xbox 360. And it's not like porting to PC is some massively expensive exercise - PC is much closer to Xbox than what PS3 is HW wise.

EA officially ran out of excuses when a comparatively tiny franchise like NBA 2K was (and still is for multiple years) ported to PC by a much smaller and less PC experienced team like 2K.

EA have clearly already hit the point of diminishing returns when it comes to feeding resources to the teams who make NCAA and Madden for the consoles - $X invested there now is not going to produce an EOI worth getting excited about because it seems apparent these titles have more or less peaked. The only true room to grow is outwards, and PC is sitting right there. It won't be a massive injection of growth for the series, but when relatively disappointing yearly growth on the consoles is the other option, why not? The only coherent answer I can come to is EA simply don't want their minimal yearly update, maximum yearly revenue business model of EASports to be exposed going forward on a platform which has the potential to do that.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #30
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

I would actually pre order NCAA and Madden if they had them on pc, that's how much I would want them.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #31
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Even if they did you'de get "why did they waste decelopement time on pc!! That means we wont get upgrades!!!!"
posts all over the place...

I wish they would though. I'd be greatly excited.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 13

What are you talking about "You wont get upgrades"? They've made all the additions and changes they intend to make at this point. We all know they wont make a game specifically for PC, but that doesnt mean that there cant be a port from Xbox since they are so similar. By the time the game has been on PC, it would look so much better than the consoles.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »