Home

Why would someone start their dynasty as a coordinator of a terrible team?

This is a discussion on Why would someone start their dynasty as a coordinator of a terrible team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #33
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Why would someone start their dynasty as a coordinator of a terrible team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
In defense of those that play with powerhouse schools, some of us (raises hand) graduated from those schools (FSU) and similar to playing Madden, NBA 2K or any other sports game as your favorite team, you feel that tug to play NCAA as your alma mater.

That's why I typically run 2 Dynasties. I'll start off as the HC at FSU and then do another one where I start off as a HC at a 1-star school or a traditionally bad school in a power conference, i.e. Indiana (sorry Hoosiers fans. I'm playing as them now in NCAA 12 and I'm digging the home stadium and unis) and try to build them up.

I may look at doing the OC route this year. Only playing one side of the ball would really speed up how many games I could get through. Like others mentioned, I wish you could only recruit the side of the ball you coached, but it's not a huge issue.

I also wish you had the option to watch the other side of the ball on the field if you wanted. If the game is close and in the final minutes, I'd like to actually see my Def. or Off. make the plays to potentially win or lose the game, rather than see text on my screen.
I swear you do have the option of watching the other side of the ball. I could be wrong though. I dont have the game anymore or I would check. But I will trust you!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #34
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Starting to really get into the dynasty. One question though, I had a HB win the Heisman but yet he didn't go into the draft, he just graduated. What determines if a player declares or not? Was really hoping I could get him in Madden, good HB with a cool name. AJ Blue.

YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE! Kept thinking of the movie Old School.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #35
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

Quote:
I swear you do have the option of watching the other side of the ball. I could be wrong though. I dont have the game anymore or I would check. But I will trust you!
You can watch the other side of the ball. It's one of the options from the sim screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #36
Banned

fearme504's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
Starting to really get into the dynasty. One question though, I had a HB win the Heisman but yet he didn't go into the draft, he just graduated. What determines if a player declares or not? Was really hoping I could get him in Madden, good HB with a cool name. AJ Blue.

YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE! Kept thinking of the movie Old School.
Are you sure he didnt go to the draft? Did you go on madden and check? NCAA will only literally say a player is entering the draft if he was not a senior.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #37
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearme504
Are you sure he didnt go to the draft? Did you go on madden and check? NCAA will only literally say a player is entering the draft if he was not a senior.
Good to know, I didn't know that. I didn't see him, but I'll check again. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 7

If the supersim by the CPU wasnt jacked up and played out as a normal cpu vs cpu game it would be great feature. The part I hated about supersim on 12 was that there would be 2-3 play drives. The worst thing is losing a close game against a team where they score in 2 plays in 75 yards. Not saying this doesnt happen but it happens far to often on 2012.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #39
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

Being a coordinator is challenging but but for the wrong reasons. I was a DC at Washington St and I constantly got screwed because my OC couldn't score, called the same 4 to 5 plays, went 3 and out or turned the ball over right after I got them the ball as a result of a turnover. I would rather be the HC of a 1 star teams seeing as how I don't have to depend my a special needs coordinator to have my back if I slip up.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #40
Rookie

TheFreightTrain's Arena

OVR: 1

I play on the 360, and I usually do two dynasty's at the same time. One is usually a slack team like a one or two star school. Like everyone else has said I like the challenge of taking a unknown or such a crap school to the big stage. I don't have one set school I use, I usually use a different school on every profile just to play with a different school. Then the other dynasty is a 5 or 6 star school. Just to be able to clobber the slack schools and get the good recruits. So I do both sides of the argument. lol
NCAA Football: U of M, Michigan State Universty, Georgia Bulldogs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »