Home

NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Blogs

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Blogs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #41
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Improvements Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
85 man rosters?
neutral site games?
they only have 123/124 teams this year, next year 2 more teams are coming in, any way to add teams to dynasty?
no depth added to coach carousel?
still can't edit all bowl tie-ins?
no online recruit editor?
no teambuilder enhancements (how amazing would this be if i could use this with #3?)?
no spring game?
oh i guess the WAC will still be around
^ This X 1000

Don't get me wrong, judging by this playbook and the previous ones, 13 looks to be a vast improvement over 12, but there's still a lot of work to be done.
I find it hard to believe they didn't touch Custom Conferences what with all the shifting going on over the last year

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #42
Rookie

cruithear's Arena

Re: NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Blogs

I rarely log in anymore, and I am surprised I made an exception for this. NCAA '13 is going to be terrible, and that is a pretty bold statement considering the state of '12. I was a pre-order or first-day purchaser for YEARS until 2012, and now I am even MORE embarrassed to have considered myself a fan at all. These changes are a backhand to the face of every loyal customer. Nothing at all has been added that has not been in previous iterations. I am to the point that I am seriously considering NEVER purchasing an NCAA title again. There is just no benefit to it.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #43
Rookie

RColemanVT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruithear
I rarely log in anymore, and I am surprised I made an exception for this. NCAA '13 is going to be terrible, and that is a pretty bold statement considering the state of '12. I was a pre-order or first-day purchaser for YEARS until 2012, and now I am even MORE embarrassed to have considered myself a fan at all. These changes are a backhand to the face of every loyal customer. Nothing at all has been added that has not been in previous iterations. I am to the point that I am seriously considering NEVER purchasing an NCAA title again. There is just no benefit to it.
And you felt the need to post this useless nonsense why exactly? Either be productive or just stay in your little cubby hole
Old 05-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #44
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Improvements Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I have to disagree with you Sky. NCAA 11 and 12 are much better games overall than Madden 11 and 12. I liked Madden 12 and thought is was a positive step but NCAA 12 still kicks it's ***.

The immersion factor, the dynasty hub and recruiting.....I feel invested in NCAA. I don't get that same experience in Madden.

I really hope the gameplay tuning for NCAA and Madden kick all kinds of *** and I hope the presentation overhaul Madden is getting can get the immersion on par with what NCAA has brought to the table. I think NCAA 13 will be the best in the series. 11 then 12 were IMO great games. Yes flaws are there on the field..no question but overall the NCAA team has brought it. Madden is almost there.
I'm not saying either were totally "bad" but for me there was an equal amount of dissapointments.
This is just my take but for the most part both games have been less than stellar for so long that most are programmed to accept subpar as better even though its still subpar as a whole, just because past issues are getting fixed.

I'm all for new presentation stuff etc.. but if the core gameplay is still weak, all the presentation stuff in the world won't keep me playing.
What's important now is they seem to be making progress on both fronts which gets me a bit excited.
I am still however in a wait and see mode as at this point I need to see some OS'ers play the games and give some real world impressions. I hope we have 2 great games this year. Here's to the future.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-08-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #45
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RColemanVT
And you felt the need to post this useless nonsense why exactly? Either be productive or just stay in your little cubby hole
Not nonsense, negative views are just as valid as positive views. Given the history of this series, it could certainly be argued that negative/cynical views are even more appropriate. It's nice to promise wonderful things, but how have past promises translated into reality? How many wonderful new features have simply been old features finally added back to the game? Why should we expect this year to be less full of bugs and AI nightmares than last year?

Personally, I tend to think the Recruiting and Presentation changes are needed and good. But that doesn't mean this magically becomes a great (or even playable) game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #46
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

With the reports of "Gems" having increases of up to 20+ OVR in a some cases, that could really add a different spin when it comes to the smaller schools. That should make it to where smaller schools that are only getting 1 or 2 star recruits having better shots at landing program-changing players.

Unless not many of these Gems fall through the scouting cracks of the bigger schools.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #47
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

It all just really seems lackluster. They certainly added things I like and see as improvements, but are they what I would call leaps and bounds ahead of '12. There's a month or so of time left for announcements, usually all of it is released by E3 right?

You can't ignore Coaching Carousel. It was practically a flop IMO for '12. It needs so much work, I don't think it was hardly what we envisioned what so ever. Coaches have zero impact on players or games. Its really just a presentation thing the way it works so we don't see the same names at the helm.

I have a terrible feeling about these "Mock Draft" things. I'm worried it'll be cluttered with just high OVR and BCS/SEC players or it'll be purely stat based and we'll see Texas Tech QB's as top 10 picks every year. There needs to be some sort of algorythm between the two and maybe physical attributes.

I think I expected so much more, I guess I might every year though
Old 05-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

I wish they added medical redshirts and made some improvements to CC!!!

But overall I am glad to see them making some improvements I just wish they would have did more!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »