Home

New NCAA 13 Dynasty Recruiting Features Detailed

This is a discussion on New NCAA 13 Dynasty Recruiting Features Detailed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #33
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
One thing I like is that Gameday Atmosphere and Campus Life have been split into two separate pitches.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #34
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: New NCAA 13 Dynasty Recruiting Features Detailed

Love the added recruiting aspects and hope they tighten up some gameplay elements and we have a "for the most part" a glitch free game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #35
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

While I'm glad we're getting new features for recruiting, I fear this will make recruiting even more tedious than it already is.....I'm all for more "realism" but I'm not in favor of making recruiting and the non-gameplay aspect of the game not fun.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
One thing I like is that Gameday Atmosphere and Campus Life have been split into two separate pitches.
If Campus Life doesn't change I'm gonna pissed. It's not right if I build up a program for 12 years and the campus life never changes even tho I've made money for the school and given it notoriety.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Did (some of) you guys not look at the screenshot in the very first post?

"Projected overall rating: 75 (-2) (47% scouted)"

This would strongly suggest that the more you scout a high OVR player, they are likely to have their rating decrease (and vice versa). When you first recruit a guy (10% recruited) he might be an 85, but by the time you completely recruit him (if you do get up to 100%), he might be all the way down to 75. He might pull a Vontaze Burfict and run a 5.09 40 time and put up weak bench reps and such, severely decreasing his rating.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #37
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
If Campus Life doesn't change I'm gonna pissed. It's not right if I build up a program for 12 years and the campus life never changes even tho I've made money for the school and given it notoriety.....
I disagree. Building a winning program can and should build up your Gameday Atmosphere, but it doesn't matter what the coach does - you aren't turning Provo, UT into a raucous party town like Boulder, Madison, or Austin.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #38
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Sounds like recruiting should become less stale and it's nice that it's finally dynamic.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #39
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I disagree. Building a winning program can and should build up your Gameday Atmosphere, but it doesn't matter what the coach does - you aren't turning Provo, UT into a raucous party town like Boulder, Madison, or Austin.
That's Utah tho. If I'm at say....Syracuse or Central Florida or even North Texas, you can't say that a winning football program doesn't change the culture of the school. And I don't mean a good 3 or 4 years. I mean, if I completely change the culture of the program, enrollment goes up at schools who win titles, and let's face it, the weekends are rowdier after a big win. That rating should change over time....make it REALLY hard, like 15 or seasons to get from a C to A-minus. It does change the pulse of the campus.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #40
Pro

Polo Bandit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
That's Utah tho. If I'm at say....Syracuse or Central Florida or even North Texas, you can't say that a winning football program doesn't change the culture of the school. And I don't mean a good 3 or 4 years. I mean, if I completely change the culture of the program, enrollment goes up at schools who win titles, and let's face it, the weekends are rowdier after a big win. That rating should change over time....make it REALLY hard, like 15 or seasons to get from a C to A-minus. It does change the pulse of the campus.
+1 to this.

My first year at UH, the football team went 0-11 nobody cared and the school was largely a commuter school. Students walked around wearing U Texas and Texas A&M gear. 10 years later people actually want to stay on campus and the school has a decent campus life that's still growing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »