Home

New NCAA 13 Dynasty Recruiting Features Detailed

This is a discussion on New NCAA 13 Dynasty Recruiting Features Detailed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #49
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: New NCAA 13 Dynasty Recruiting Features Detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I love the gem and busts added to recruiting.
Starting off as a 1 star OC/DC/HC will be more fun now. Before I used a 1 star school judt as a stepping stone only. I would just sim 1st season while recruiting, then just try to get my coach grade up.

Now I will be more inclined to go after 1-3 star players and not having to go after 4 and 5 star guys to get players to immediately make a impact. I can solely focus on finding gems to make my team better. I can find the Matheiu's, Ingrams, Blackmon's of the world while recruiting/
That's how I'm thinking.

But not just that, it should make for some interesting stories in the lower-tier schools and conferences as a whole, since there should be more gem-type players sprinkled throughout those conferences and schools.

Like I said before, that could be a very interesting dynamic.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
That's how I'm thinking.

But not just that, it should make for some interesting stories in the lower-tier schools and conferences as a whole, since there should be more gem-type players sprinkled throughout those conferences and schools.

Like I said before, that could be a very interesting dynamic.
Exactly.
I expect to see lower schools like FIU or even a 3 star school be able to get a 2-3 star player that can change their team around.
Look at Baylor or Stanford. RG3 wasnt highly recruited and Luck wasnt the highest QB(7th in ESPN) coming out, but they were able to turn their team into good programs.

I want to see a school like Minnesota or a Kentucky get a few 2-3 star players(over a few seasons) that turns into gems and makes their school into a good program.
I also want to see a few powerhouse teams like Alabama or Texas or OSU get a few 4-5 star players that are bust, eventually turn them into a average school and lower their conference and pitch grades

If implemented correctly, this could be BIG
Old 05-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #51
Rookie

iromerliciousi's Arena

OVR: 4

I would also like to know the the percentage of early commitments to go into it deeper - there are numerous prospects that have their dream schools and wait on a certain school to offer then completely close off their recruiting. This shouldn't mean that their recruitment is over, you would still need to contact them throughout the week to keep tabs on them. If you fail to, this should lead to a decommitment. Pulling offers should also be in factor but at the cost of your integrity rating.

FIGHT ON!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #52
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah, I made a thread last year saying it would be nice if they reworked the recruiting a bit so that you could decide to fill up your class with instant commits or wait on guys that want to decide late in the recruiting cycle or on signing day.

As of right now in real life.

Florida has 15 verbal commits.

Texas has 14 verbal commits.

Notre Dame as 12 verbal commits.

Ohio State has 11 verbal commits.

Texas usually has close to a full class before the season even starts.

On NCAA, you're lucky to have 2 or 3 commits before the season starts. I think it would add a huge element of strategy if they had more guys willing to commit instantly, especially before you are able to scout them to see what kind of player they really are.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #53
Rookie

iromerliciousi's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Yeah, I made a thread last year saying it would be nice if they reworked the recruiting a bit so that you could decide to fill up your class with instant commits or wait on guys that want to decide late in the recruiting cycle or on signing day.

On NCAA, you're lucky to have 2 or 3 commits before the season starts. I think it would add a huge element of strategy if they had more guys willing to commit instantly, especially before you are able to scout them to see what kind of player they really are.
I would like to see this option implemented during recruiting, because like you said a lot of the programs jump start before the actual season even starts. Would be nice to also see Early Enrollee's added just to add some more depth into recruiting, but that's kind of asking a little too mcuh for right now

Texas always has a full recruiting class before the season starts because of the style Mack Brown likes to go with when it comes to recruiting. Most of their commits give pledges during Texas Jr. Day, that's how big of a grasp Texas has within the State.

Just based on what I've read and the majority of the posters on this board, a lot of us are really excited and are now hopeful that 2013 is going to be a hit. I can't wait for it to come out, because I haven't used my XBOX since I finished Dead Island 3 moths ago lol

FIGHT ON!

Old 05-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #54
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP

Definitely agree with the bolded statement ... that's what makes this a great idea.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Even though I said I love the gem and busts, I hope there isnt a overabundance in gem and busts.
I dont want see a significant part of recruits be gems or busts. I also dont want there to be a easy way to finding gems and busts. I want to have to scout to find recruits.
I just dont want to CPU to know who the gems and busts. I dont want to see a powerhouse team go after a ton of 2-3 star players and find out they are gems
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »