Home

Does NCAA Football 13Have Completely Pre-determined Outcomes?

This is a discussion on Does NCAA Football 13Have Completely Pre-determined Outcomes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #25
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Does NCAA Football 13Have Completely Pre-determined Outcomes?

I'm starting to realize how buggy this game is so far. I mean, as good as the new passing and catching mechanics are, there are too many things killing my experience. I mean, I have a whole list:
  • The Custom Playbook bug where plays you deleted will show up in your playbook mid-game, and plays you added won't show up at all.
  • Split Backs - Pro & Split Backs - Army Split are under two different categories, when they both belong under the Split Backs umbrella.
  • Option routes being flipped to the other direction, even though you never flipped the play.
  • CPU run plays being called dead immediately after the handoff, even though the CPU ball carrier is still upright, and was never even tackled.
I'm starting to think the "comeback AI" is just another bug...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #26
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

From what I've seen, the Rattled/Hot composure rating seems to be much more important now. If I throw an early pick, my Qb turns into a a wreck and there seems to be a HUGE chance of throwing a 2nd pick in your next 5 or so attempts.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #27

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I've never believed in the so-called "comeback A.I."

To me, it's a figment of people's imagination.

What is perceived to be comeback A.I. is merely the CPU playing more aggressively. You see it all the time in real life, especially in the NFL -

Team A takes a 14-0/21-0 lead, it's an almost certainty that Team B is going to score on it's next drive or come close to it. It's not because Team A stopped caring, it's because Team B just started to play more aggressively.

I think some of you guys just need a lesson on how to run your "4:00 minute offense."

Last edited by Deegeezy; 07-18-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #28
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I find it funny that most of the time I'll take care of the good teams and struggle with the lesser teams.

I only played one season of Dynasty, but I dismantled Texas (31-7), West Virginia (41-14), TCU (34-17), and OU (45-21). I was up 28-0 after the first quarter in that OU game.

Yet, I beat Arizona (21-13) and Baylor (41-37) in close games. I had to throw a TD late in the 4th to get the Baylor W.

It just seems like against the lesser teams, my line misses more blocking assignments, any ball that so much as touches a defender gets intercepted (whereas my safety that made a one-handed diving pick against OU will drop 3 right in his hands), my defenders bust more coverages, my receivers drop more passes, etc.

I know I only played one season, but it's something I've been noticing for a number of years whenever I play. It just seems like the CPU gets a bit of a boost when playing a superior team. When the teams are even I don't seem to notice nearly as much of this stuff. When I get tackled for a loss against Texas, it's usually because they brought an extra defender I wasn't expecting or someone beat one of my blockers. When I get tackled for a loss against Kansas, it seems like it's usually because one of my linemen got stuck in an animation or just plain got confused and left a guy totally unblocked.

I really don't know if the CPU "cheats" to keep themselves in the game or not, but it kind of makes you wonder when you see some of this stuff.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeeeeeez
I don't think outcomes are predetermined but the fact the CPU audibles to a perfect defense like .01 seconds after you audible is kind of ridiculous. I audibled 4 times before the snap and each time the CPU audibled instantly to a perfect D.
Safeties showing blitz against my run, I audible to a pass and they fall back (pretty much what you're talking about, yeah?) then I hike the ball and the safeties are still blitzing. So what's that about? They changed their play from the right one to a stupid one?

What I think the defense is actually doing is "resetting" or "showing blitz," or backing out of "show blitz," etc., not changing their play to the "perfect" defense, whatever the hell that is.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9

One of the big things from EA over the past few years have been player consistency. They don't want every game to play the same but rather players to have ups and downs like they would during the "real world." If you have lower consistency, you'll throw more picks, have drops, miss blocks, during key "pressure" moments of the game.

For that reason alone, I think I've seen an interesting balance of games. There are games where you spank the opponents. There are games that you blow leads and it becomes exciting. There are games you can defeat odds and come from behind. Thats part of the excitement of college football.

Is it too much in NCAA 13? Yes. But if video games were perfect football simulations, then there would never be any debate. There are always a few surprise teams in college football which makes things exciting. Right now in my dynasty, Miss St. leads the SEC at 8-1, with Bama, A&M, Arkansas, and LSU all beating up eachother into 2 losses. Georgia Tech is undefeated and #4 in the country, while V-Tech is struggling to a 4-5 record. Looks like an FSU-Gtech ACC game. Oklahoma leads the B-12 with a 7-1 record. A lot of teams nipping at their heels: K-State, Iowa St., TCU, and Texas. Louisville leads the unpredictable Big East with a 9-0 record. MIchigan and Wisconsin are both 9-0 looking at a potential matchup in the title game. In the Pac-12, USC's only loss was to Oregon, who is 9-0 and they looked poised for a championship rematch.

Some question marks? Sure. But can't say its too outside of the norm so far.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #31
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I've never believed in the so-called "comeback A.I."

To me, it's a figment of people's imagination.

What is perceived to be comeback A.I. is merely the CPU playing more aggressively. You see it all the time in real life, especially in the NFL -

Team A takes a 14-0/21-0 lead, it's an almost certainty that Team B is going to score on it's next drive or come close to it. It's not because Team A stopped caring, it's because Team B just started to play more aggressively.

I think some of you guys just need a lesson on how to run your "4:00 minute offense."
always count on jeezy for truth. agree 100%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Safeties showing blitz against my run, I audible to a pass and they fall back (pretty much what you're talking about, yeah?) then I hike the ball and the safeties are still blitzing. So what's that about? They changed their play from the right one to a stupid one?

What I think the defense is actually doing is "resetting" or "showing blitz," or backing out of "show blitz," etc., not changing their play to the "perfect" defense, whatever the hell that is.
I think so too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »