Home

Does NCAA Football 13Have Completely Pre-determined Outcomes?

This is a discussion on Does NCAA Football 13Have Completely Pre-determined Outcomes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Does NCAA Football 13Have Completely Pre-determined Outcomes?

I was playing on my Miami Hurricane's Dynasty today, and I finally started my first game against Boston College after spending 2 hours recruiting. I play on All-American difficulty, 15 min qtrs, play clock on.

At first, I had a huge 24-7 lead half way through the second quarter... Then things started getting a little weird.

My receivers started dropping obscene amounts of passes. I mean, just consecutive wide open pass drops. Halfway through the third, my QB was only 9/23, with 200 yes, and 1 pick. From there, I decided to Supersim, only to have BC create a comeback, and UM was only able to win by 3, after letting them come back to score 47.

I feel like that was gonna happen regardless...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Does NCAA Football 13Have Completely Pre-determined Outcomes?

lol I certainly doubt the game has pre-determined outcomes for User vs CPU action.

While i played the Demo, i noticed all the scores from the updates would eventually be the same. But that was CPU vs CPU of course.

So in theory. My answer is For User vs CPU - Def Not.. For CPU vs CPU.. Maybe.. Who knows. But even then i still dobut it.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

A big "conspiracy" about FIFA 12 was this pre-determined theory. I don't think that we could go as far as saying the game is predetermined, but I think that the CPU may try and "cheat" to keep themselves in the game.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

CPU vs CPU isn't predetermined. North Texas beat LSU in week 1 of my dynasty.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

simmed games are not predetermined. Save, sim game, check score, reload and repeat to get different results.

Thats said, there is definitely a 'comeback' ai that tries to help keep the ai in user/cpu games. Its not as bad as some people rage about, but if you are up by a lot, your chances of throwing picks, dropping passes or fumbling on aggressive plays increases substantially. Its EA's silly way of preventing blowouts. When you're up just do HB dives and play it safe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

CPU vs. CPU games are simmed inbetween weeks. There's nothing pre-determined about it.

Comeback AI, though, that's DEFINITELY legit.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Ah, release week for any major sports game isn't complete without the old comeback AI thread.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I definately get a sense of strong AI rubberbanding present in this game. I basically took last year off when I traded it in for Madden, so maybe I'm not back to speed. But, in my Texas opener against Wyoming, the CPU made it rain first off. Which I accept. But up 10-3 driving in the early second, Malcolm Brown got hurt. Next play was stuffed for a three yard loss. Then the dams broke on a sack putting me out of field goal position. On the next drive I hit Shipley in the end zone only for him to make the catch out of the end zone and be down at the inch line. No biggie, I'll punch it in from there. Nope. Wyoming stuffs me 4 times. I get a safety after the turnover and go up 12-3. Early third, Ash gets a concussion and doesn't come back. The offensive line then decides it hates McCoy and won't block for him. And when he does get the pass off he doesn't throw according to the route, he throws it to where the receiver is at, picked off. (Why after each interception my receiver becomes totally limp and freeze? But for the CPU, their receiver turns into a ballhawking mosquito?) Wyoming puts it in the end zone when my defender retreats after snuffing a WR screen. (3 blockers, forget this!) 12-10. I add a field goal thanks to a 3 headed run attack. Nothing open on 3rd, so I just threw it away. 15-10. Wyoming's second string quarterback enters the game. Marches them down the field. Hits a wide open man along the sideline around my 13, Hicks strips the ball and Vaccaro some how recovers the ball with what appears to be magnet hands before it goes out. Hold on for the 15-10 win.

Impresssions:
The CPU defense obivously picks up on snap counts. I drew them offsides five times during the game. Which told me they picked up their game after falling behind 10-3, and played much more aggressive.

The Texas schedule isn't right. Their second game is against New Mexico not Ole Miss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »