Home

Future of NCAA Football

This is a discussion on Future of NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Future of NCAA Football

http://www.pastapadre.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

Re: Future of NCAA Football

some people here may be getting their wish
Old 07-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
some people here may be getting their wish
Competition is a good thing... Hopefully it comes to that, but like the article said, it's doubtful that another company jumps into the mix with a college football game.

It would be a damn shame if we went without a college football game after next year... At worst, I hope EA continues to make the game without the exclusive license. At best, we'll get another player in the game to make EA step their game up with this series.

Interesting...
Old 07-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Competition is a good thing... Hopefully it comes to that, but like the article said, it's doubtful that another company jumps into the mix with a college football game.

It would be a damn shame if we went without a college football game after next year... At worst, I hope EA continues to make the game without the exclusive license. At best, we'll get another player in the game to make EA step their game up with this series.

Interesting...

My comment was not directed towards people who wanted competition, I'm fine with competition. It was about the people who want to see it go away.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't want it to go away. I disagree with the statement that no one will step up and make another game. It may not happen right away, but the market for college football in this country is too large. There's too much money to be made, and ratings wise, CFB takes a back seat only to the NFL. I think another company would be foolish not to take the chance, esp when they know how fed up many of the fans are. If they knew they could make a game as good as EA, then they would do it. The market is too big to ignore.

What would end up happening would be EA would step their game up, and we'd end up with a sweet game after a few years. JMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm worried that nobody will make an NCAA game soon
Old 07-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

This is good , long term, ea would have to rely on making a good, functional game to get sales instead of an exclusive license
Old 07-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

The chances of another company making a college football game without an NFL game to go along with it is very slim. So even without the exclusive license, EA will be the only game in town for NCAA because EA still holds the exclusive rights to the NFL.

Companies want both 2 go together, NCAA and NFL. NCAA alone isn't worth the risk to smaller companies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »