Home

Is the "Injury" Problem being addressed?

This is a discussion on Is the "Injury" Problem being addressed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2
Is the "Injury" Problem being addressed?

For the past couple of years, Injury has been a huge problem in NCAA.

You will have RB getting hurt every 5 plays. Sometimes the game doesnt even tell you a player is hurt or they will tell you 3 plays after the fact.

It also seems like OL hardly ever get hurt as well. Backups seldom get injured as well and if they do, its only for a few plays.

I know that injuries happen and its apart of the game, but the frequency they happen on NCAA is flawed.

Another problem is players returning into the game after severe injuries eg. A WR coming back into the game with a broken finger.

EA could fix the amount of injuries a game by adding a Injury slider or just tone it down a bit. It gets pretty annoying.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Is the "Injury" Problem being addressed?

In reality the overall number of injuries is nothing compared the real life frequency of injuries.

I think the issue for most is that RB and QB seem to be affected a lot more frequently than the other positions.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

I seriously believe its because the cpu uses hit stick every single play
Old 07-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
Rookie

jaba134's Arena

OVR: 0

Injuries are extremely inaccurate in this game, and they are such a big part of athletics that it needs to be fixed. A broken finger is not very severe for a player other than if it is an open fx or if it is on your quarterbacks throwing hand lol, if a player was held out with a fx finger than they probably shouldn't be playing college football.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaba134
Injuries are extremely inaccurate in this game, and they are such a big part of athletics that it needs to be fixed. A broken finger is not very severe for a player other than if it is an open fx or if it is on your quarterbacks throwing hand lol, if a player was held out with a fx finger than they probably shouldn't be playing college football.
For a lineman, or pretty much any D player, you're right, but what if a halfback fumbles because he can't grip the ball as tight? Or WR drops a ball because he can't squeeze it? Not just a QB issue. So yeah, I think injuries should be dependent on the position for deciding how long they're out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Rookie

jaba134's Arena

OVR: 0

Every injury is different but with the amount of drugs and innovative equipment that can be used/made it is very seldom you will see a player out because of a fx finger. I've seen WR make it thru the season with broken 4/5 metacarpals.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

I just turn them off. If it's going to be an extreme, it might as well be an extreme that favors the player for once. Although even turning injuries off last season didn't stop them.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

What I've done that has helped - although it is quite cheesy - is to leave injuries but edit my QBs / HBs to 99 inj. Sadly, they still get hurt, but I'm not using my 3rd string hb every game.

What I really wish was that we had a position specific injury slider - so i could (based on how it is now) turn QB/HB down, and everything else way up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »