Home

NCAA '13 is EA's best effort since '06

This is a discussion on NCAA '13 is EA's best effort since '06 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
NCAA '13 is EA's best effort since '06

Let me first say that this game is not without its flaws (screen play issue and too aggressive of safety play are two big ones that come to mind). There are obviously still a few things keeping this game from the likes of MLB: The Show, or NBA 2K. With that said...

This is the best game of football EA has put out to date. This is coming from someone who had been playing '06 all the way up until 2011 was released. The games is incredibly fluid for the first time this-gen, the CPU actually poses a challenge with the right settings, and aside from the freezing issue (which I have been lucky enough not to experience) this game has been relatively bug free. I'm already two years into my Florida Gator dynasty and having an absolute blast.

I only bring this up because I think EA got a lot of backlash during the game's release because it failed to bring the huge changes that we were all hoping for. Instead, it gave us incremental changes that don't make the game pop until you've played it a little bit. It's not perfect, but its the first NCAA in years where I am confident that it will give me my college football when it's not Saturday yet. The NCAA series rarely gets a lot of credit for being a good game around here, so from someone who has been enjoying the hell out of it, I wanted to give EA a pat on the back or sorts and say well done!

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: NCAA '13 is EA's best effort since '06

Call me when they can handle simple things like a chain-gang or updated equipment.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:09 AM   #3
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
I agree with some of this. 11 in my opinion showed the greatest improvements over a single year and was EA's best effort. 13 is a close second tho. Im a recruiter so the changes to this years game make it extremely addictive.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Although I wouldn't be so quick to say, "well done EA!" I will say that this game, for me, has been much more enjoyable compared to the past few cycles.

Personally I truly have very few gripes this year. The main one being freezes...and even then I see that very rarely.

I've owned every NCAA since '05 and '13 feels more like '06 and '11 than any of the other games by far. Is it perfect? Heavens no, but it is an improvement over last years in my eyes.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Call me when they can handle simple things like a chain-gang or updated equipment.
i guess gameplay means nothing to this guy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 03:05 AM   #6
On the road again

Blue's Arena

OVR: 20

I agree with this guy I loved 06 it will always be my favorite unfortunately I didn't play 11, but 06 was definitely the best I ever played, I always say the music was the best part because half the bands I still listen to but it was also the first year of RTG or whatever it was called back then, which made my year! I loved the idea of going through the college career then continuing into the best superstar mode I played,the first one on madden 06 and that was the first year I really got int dynasty mode.
Best year of sports gaming I ever had...
As for 13 I loved 12 because it seemed like a huge jump, from 10 though so when I read comments on 11 I see maybe it wasn't a huge leap.
13 is a great direction, yeah there are plenty of bugs and I've experienced them,I've already had to restart an OD because of a freeze, but gameplay has improved enough for my tastes, maybe a few more improvements are needed but overall a pretty solid job. I'm excited for 14 since it fits into the cycle where it could be a great addition, since 06 was awesome and came right at the time for the new generation but didn't quite make the leap yet and waited till 07, I feel 13 is that quite not making the cut game and 14 will be the stellar improvement on the new generation
All we can do is wait and enjoy what we got
Old 08-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #7
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

If only there were a way to top 06 gameplay. That was the best college football game ever IMO. The players actually ran like they had hips, and leaned into cuts....I miss those days.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

'13 is definitely a step up. It seems it gives the best realistic challenge that I've had in a long time from EA. Still a long ways to go, but I'm very happy.

My biggest problems with this game:

1. Freezing
2. CPU Calling
3. I like the recruiting improvements, but it is too easy.

Props go out to this game for:

1. Pass catching/defending animations
2. After a lot of slider work this game plays brilliantly (well to a point, heh)
3. Multiple break tackles for big plays. I hated in the older games (on heisman) where if you broke one tackle, you were completely screwed on the next defender and could never break a second.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »