Home

EA Dropping the ball on Uni Updates

This is a discussion on EA Dropping the ball on Uni Updates within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #25
Rookie

skipreid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Dropping the ball on Uni Updates

I know the uniforms take time to develop. However, the Miss St uniform that is in this thread was actually used in the TV show on ESPN that showed the making of EA NCAA 13. So EA had those back in the spring. Miss St didn't unveil them to the public until late September. At the unveil, the assistant Ath Dir said EA told them the update would be in another patch available only a week later. It never happened though. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. However, if EA took the time to shoot the uniforms back in the spring, they had intentions of putting them in the game. Perhaps EA got too
overwhelmed by tons of schools having alt uniforms and decided to scrap any future patches. And if you ask me, I would rather them just get every team's regular uniforms with different combos correct, and not put in all of these hundreds of special once used uniforms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #26
Rookie

B4lt1m0re Fan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwhere
Assuming we go with only the uniforms currently in the game (and there's more than 123 teams; you should count again) and if we figure one main and one alternative for each team that's 254 uniforms. Considering the amount of bitching about the various schools (this jersey isn't the new one, we just announced this one, what about that one) I'd say we can safely triple that number for a total of 762 jerseys.
There are 123. There are really 124 FBS schools, but EA completely left out South Alabama. I think you're missing the point that they have some schools with 11+ uniforms (Oregon) and teams that don't even have one correct uniform.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #27
Rookie

VegasCSURam's Arena

I've been waiting for updates to UNLV and Utah State. And I don't mean alternate uniforms, their standard uniforms are new but have not been updated in the game.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #28
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwhere
Assuming we go with only the uniforms currently in the game (and there's more than 123 teams; you should count again) and if we figure one main and one alternative for each team that's 254 uniforms. Considering the amount of bitching about the various schools (this jersey isn't the new one, we just announced this one, what about that one) I'd say we can safely triple that number for a total of 762 jerseys.

Where the heck do you think those things come from? They just appear out of thin air? They take time to create. To top that off the art department is working on NCAA 14; or did you think they weren't going to release a game this coming year? Think about what you're saying, man. It's just not feasible for them to release all the uniform updates everyone wants AND release a game in the coming year. What would you rather do, play dress up or get a new game with some new improvements?

First off no one was talking about the number of uniforms they have to do. You said there was 125+ teams they have to worry about. I pointed out there was only 123 because there is only 123 in the game since they left out South Alabama.

No I don't think they come out of thin air, but there are numerous uniforms which premiered in Week 1 of the regular season and it is now Week 10 and nothing. Some of those uniforms were released weeks before week one. Also your reading comprehension has to be lacking at the moment. I said they should be mainly focused on doing uniforms IF theyre still doing work for NCAA 13, which means if theyre spending any time on this current version instead of on NCAA 14 it should be spent on uniforms.

EA has yet to prove this wasn't a gimmick to just get some hype around the product for a small amount of time. When they first mentioned the idea they basically were saying it would be updated consistently throughout the season as uniforms were revealed. However they've failed to do that and the longer the wait the less of a positive effect this feature will have on its buyers. Some will people NCAA year around, but once the season ends and all these new hyped games come out (AC3, Halo, GTAV, etc) a lot of people will leave this game behind. Then they can release all the uniforms they want and it will still have a negative effect on most of their buyers. They came up with a completely fantastic idea, we will have to wait and see, but so far they've failed to execute it.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #29
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I hate what EA did to this title the last two years, after the splendid NCAA 11.

That said, I don't know anyone can keep up with all the new uniforms almost every school seems to be coming out with. Every week I watch the Saturday night highlight shows and see about 10 uniforms I never saw before.

Today alone, I saw UCLA, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and a few others in new dud and/or helmets.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 11-04-2012, 02:05 AM   #30
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

meh

Old 11-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #31
Rookie

BFig's Arena

OVR: 2

Not too much but anyone thinking EA might put the Mississippi State and Texas A&M unis out tomorrow? Chances are slim but they did show MSU's in the making of ncaa. So maybe a chance since it's Tuesday which is a normal drop date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFig
Not too much but anyone thinking EA might put the Mississippi State and Texas A&M unis out tomorrow? Chances are slim but they did show MSU's in the making of ncaa. So maybe a chance since it's Tuesday which is a normal drop date.
You would THINK(optimistically...but still) they would, but...we've kind of hit the point where people either don't care anymore or they're still going to be mad about whatever they want included that isn't included in whatever they release(should they release another pack.)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »