Home

NCAA 14 Community Week Starting Tonight

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Community Week Starting Tonight within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #33
Rookie

wkukicksbutt's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA 14 Community Week Starting Tonight

WISHLIST and Ideas

-Fix the Glitches and Bugs.

-Allow to Add FCS(if they are in) or Teambuilder Teams to Dynasty Mode w/o having to replace a school

-Choice of Playoff System(4/8/12/16) or Keeping Bowls at the Beginning of each season

-Bowl Tie-Ins(Allow to edit ALL Bowl Games, like you can BCS)

-Go Straight From Entrances to Coin Toss, during the coin toss, game announcers talk about the game and how they think it will play out, and then head str8 to kick off, NO STRETCHING or anything like that

-Crowds need to be ROCKIN, make the crowds so loud where you can barely hear the announcers when a big play is made or the defense needs one BIG stop.

-Create a play along with bigger playbooks in Create a Playbook.

-MINIMUM 85 MAN ROSTER

-WALK-ONS

-More Transfers

-Ability to Edit Conference Schedules(Ex: able to choose how many conference games you play, home/away, etc.)

-A College Gameday for about 3 minutes talking about the big games that day, and how they see your game going. Along with the Score Updates during your game. When you advance the week, a 3 minute show talking about your game and all the games around the country.

-Heisman Presentation, College Football Awards Show and Bowl Selection Special at the end of the Regular Season

-Spring Games(before you make your cuts, edit your roster into two for the game)

-Like NCAA Basketball 09, have both ESPN(ESPN2,U,3,etc.) and CBS presentation, along with FOX and NBC.

-NEUTRAL SITE GAMES!!!!

-Have UPDATED UNIFORMS, like Madden and other sport games have Updated Rosters. This way if your team shows a new uniform(like Oregon every week), it can guaranteed that uniform will be put in the game at the latest a week afterwards.

-Instead of a RTG or Heisman Mode, a Classic Game Mode(ala Madden Moments) where you are put in a situation of a classic game and you have to repeat the history or change it.

-I KNOW THIS IS LONG, BUT HERE IS THE IDEA. Have Dynasty be like MyPlayer in NBA 2k Series. So let's say you want to create a coach, you would edit your coach and tendacies like you do now, and then you would create your playbook. Then, you would interview OC and DC candidates for your school b/c your coordinators would be worked into your coach prestige and ratings. Then, recruiting, have a option of actually watching your recruit play in a high school game, and then also talking to that kid/parents in person or on the phone with questions and his feedback instead of the old point system we have now(you would hear the recruits actually VOICE their opinions of what you are telling them), and also to see if his attitude fits with what you want. Like NBA 2k, have them have personalities(Laid Back, Aggresive, etc.). During timeouts, you can talk to your qb to calm him down like a manager going to the dugout in mlb games, or lining the whole team up for your one big speech with two minutes to go to get that game winning drive. Finally, after every game, you would answer questions about how the game with and your strategy for next week. After each season, you would talk to your AD, about staying at the school or talk to other ADs if you want to look at another position. Also, if a player wants to leave your school to go the draft or to another school, you would sit them in your office, to try to talk them into coming to your school. This would be the same for recruits that you would want to transfer to your school.

Last edited by wkukicksbutt; 01-09-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:35 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkukicksbutt
WISHLIST and Ideas

-Fix the Glitches and Bugs.

-Allow to Add FCS(if they are in) or Teambuilder Teams to Dynasty Mode w/o having to replace a school

-Choice of Playoff System(4/8/12/16) or Keeping Bowls at the Beginning of each season

-Bowl Tie-Ins(Allow to edit ALL Bowl Games, like you can BCS)

-Go Straight From Entrances to Coin Toss, during the coin toss, game announcers talk about the game and how they think it will play out, and then head str8 to kick off, NO STRETCHING or anything like that

-Crowds need to be ROCKIN, make the crowds so loud where you can barely hear the announcers when a big play is made or the defense needs one BIG stop.

-Create a play along with bigger playbooks in Create a Playbook.

-MINIMUM 85 MAN ROSTER

-WALK-ONS

-More Transfers

-Ability to Edit Conference Schedules(Ex: able to choose how many conference games you play, home/away, etc.)

-A College Gameday for about 3 minutes talking about the big games that day, and how they see your game going. Along with the Score Updates during your game. When you advance the week, a 3 minute show talking about your game and all the games around the country.

-Heisman Presentation, College Football Awards Show and Bowl Selection Special at the end of the Regular Season

-Spring Games(before you make your cuts, edit your roster into two for the game)

-Like NCAA Basketball 09, have both ESPN(ESPN2,U,3,etc.) and CBS presentation, along with FOX and NBC.

-NEUTRAL SITE GAMES!!!!

-Have UPDATED UNIFORMS, like Madden and other sport games have Updated Rosters. This way if your team shows a new uniform(like Oregon every week), it can guaranteed that uniform will be put in the game at the latest a week afterwards.

-Instead of a RTG or Heisman Mode, a Classic Game Mode(ala Madden Moments) where you are put in a situation of a classic game and you have to repeat the history or change it.

-I KNOW THIS IS LONG, BUT HERE IS THE IDEA. Have Dynasty be like MyPlayer in NBA 2k Series. So let's say you want to create a coach, you would edit your coach and tendacies like you do now, and then you would create your playbook. Then, you would interview OC and DC candidates for your school b/c your coordinators would be worked into your coach prestige and ratings. Then, recruiting, have a option of actually watching your recruit play in a high school game, and then also talking to that kid/parents in person or on the phone with questions and his feedback instead of the old point system we have now(you would hear the recruits actually VOICE their opinions of what you are telling them), and also to see if his attitude fits with what you want. Like NBA 2k, have them have personalities(Laid Back, Aggresive, etc.). During timeouts, you can talk to your qb to calm him down like a manager going to the dugout in mlb games, or lining the whole team up for your one big speech with two minutes to go to get that game winning drive. Finally, after every game, you would answer questions about how the game with and your strategy for next week. After each season, you would talk to your AD, about staying at the school or talk to other ADs if you want to look at another position. Also, if a player wants to leave your school to go the draft or to another school, you would sit them in your office, to try to talk them into coming to your school. This would be the same for recruits that you would want to transfer to your school.
Great list. You would think playoffs would be able to be in now that it is happening in real life but I expect them to hold off on it until the next game to match real life. Heck, I'd take a 4 team optional playoff in year 2 and beyond of dynasty to make it realistic...that is fine.

Another thing that bothers me about the custom conferences part of the game is yeah...I can make 4 16 team super conferences but only 8 of those 64 teams can go to the BCS...the way the game has it now 2 cupcake conference teams make the BCS every year. That is of course due to it being that way in real life so not EA's fault per say but that should be editable as well. I hate it in real life, hate it in the game. That is why I usually stick with 5 14 team "super conferences" instead and try to make sure all 10 teams are from those conferences each year (I put ND in one of the conferences FYI) and not one of the sucky conferences but oh well.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:35 AM   #35
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

If the supposed OL/DL overhaul doesn't impress me, then Im tuning it out for another year

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you ask me, EA seems to be over thinking things when coming up with the new additions each year. Heisman Challenge is a very creative mode and props for coming up with it, but nobody plays it. Why? Because it isn't realistic at all!

Read the wishlist forums; nobody is asking for any additions that portray something that doesn't happen every Saturday during the season. What people want is realism. The Questions EA should be focusing on is how can the game be made more real? How can we put gamers in the same situations that occur in real life, on and off the field? How can we bring out the drama that unfolds during a real life season?

With that said, here is my wishlist for NCAA 14:

-Duplicate numbers PLEASE!

-A way to build small programs into powerhouses and actually notice the difference other than just the record. (stadium improvements, conference invitations, etc.)

-More control of your team as a coach in dynasty (gameplans, dynamic depth charts from week to week, assign numbers and gear to incoming recruits as part of the off season)

-Neutral Site games and Home/Away contracts

-Momentum! An upset during the season gives teams a boosted confidence during remainder of season. Bowl wins = better off season training results while bowl losses = worse off season training results.

-Team specific depth charts! Alabama has 4 linebackers, yet there are only 3 spots on depth chart. Spread teams don't have fullbacks!

-How about having in state recruits ranking already unlocked? It wouldn't make much sense to wait to scout a stud high school player from 30 minutes from campus until his Senior year!

I'm sure there are many more, but these would be a very good starting point. Just quit over thinking it. The game has great bones, focus your creative energy into perfecting the reasons people buy the game in the first place!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #37
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

1. Gameplay
2.Presentation
Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #38
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
I respect you BA2929 but you mean you're a college football fan and don't care about presentation although Gameplay is very important
I'm a guy that just skips past most of the in-game presentation flair. I just want to play the games. I actually hated the cut-scenes last year more than usual because they wouldn't let you 'X' past them. You had to sit there for 3-5 seconds watching a guy walk around like an idiot and bump into everyone. The pre-game is all I ever watch, and that's been the same for so long I really doubt they'll mess with it anymore this gen.

However, I would LOVE some new crowd loudness and atmosphere during actual gameplay. Bring back the momentum meter if you have to, EA. I've heard louder high school crowds with not even a thousand people in the stands than I've heard from your game the past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
You really think The next gen will really be any better that it is now? As long as EA has this game this game won't be any better. Since the famous 07 game, this game has sucked for seven years.
The next gen WILL be better for the NCAA series. Why, you ask? Because once the next gen hits, EA will start making amazing NCAA games for the XBOX 360 while they give the 'Durango' (or whatever they're calling it this week) a stripped down version for 2-3 years. For example, NCAA 07 came out the year after the XBOX 360 released. So depending on when the next XBOX releases, expect either NCAA 15 or 16 to be our next, true, amazing NCAA experience.

Last edited by BA2929; 01-10-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 1

We want bitches. And more bitches. Thank u
Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #40
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I think its dreadfully important that EA ends the generation on the right note. They need to get down to the big gameplay issues, because they can dance around the other stuff all they want, but people will stop buying if the gameplay sucks. I think I speak for most of OS when I say if these five things can be fixed, EA will be on the right path.

1. OVERHAUL TO LINEPLAY

There are so many things dreadfully wrong with the lineplay as it is, that it completely ruins other aspects of the game. For instance, because no pass rush from the outside is generated, the sliders have to be juiced to put any kind of pressure on the QB. This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't mean that the DT's ended up picking up most of the sacks.

It's also important that EA changes the way AI reacts/handles positioning. For instance, if a rusher has the outside edge on a blocker, the only way that rusher should be blocked is if the OLineman has superior skill. Line play should be all about ratings, size, and positioning. Instead, its pretty much all based on chance.

2. BETTER PLAYCALL LOGIC

Teams should constantly be trying to throw the other team off. Instead, in NCAA, you can almost predict what the other team is going to do every single down. So here are a few tips for the EA guys who work on playcalling:

a) Do NOT have a team run four verticals more than once or twice a game, and especially not on 1st or 2nd down. This play is an immersion killer in so many ways.

b) Let teams set up the run, and then move into the play action game. I can't remember the last time I saw a team like Alabama run the ball down my throat and then catch me off guard with play action.

c) Make sure the CPU doesn't have a "go to" play. Last year, it the constant HB screens, the year before that it was four verts. Let the CPU space it out.

d) Give the CPU some kind of logical decision making in the fourth quarter and the end of half. It sucks so bad when a team is trying to hurry down the field with a few seconds left and runs a draw play.

3. SPECIAL TEAMS

Yes, we are still complaining about it. Why? Because it's as if it doesn't exist in the series. This should be the least complicated area of the game, yet it is by far the worst part. Blocked kick/punts need to be able to happen via bad blocking. Returners should make dynamic runs and the blocking should actually resemble blocking.

4. WR/DB INTERACTION

When the ball is in the air -- and even before it gets in the air, for that matter -- the DB and WR should have interaction. That means hands on back and forth, trying to get in position to make the catch. Even if you have to can the animations so that there is some physical play involved, you have to get it done.

5. MAKE THE FIELD BIGGER

College football has become a game of space. Get the ball into your players hands, and then let them make the play in space. This, unfortunately, cannot happen in the NCAA series because the field is much too small. Look at games like FIFA and NBA 2K, which have the spacing pretty much nailed down.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »