Home

Ultimate Team Headed to NCAA Football 14

This is a discussion on Ultimate Team Headed to NCAA Football 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
When will EA realize that no one gives a fug about these card game modes?
hate to break it to you, but millions of people do care about it. FIFA and NHL make mad money because of the mode. This won't change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
Can't be past players. There's no union so they'd have to go get thousands of likenesses. They have to be selling you "generic" dudes.
It could be past players. They don't have to do likenesses on the field, they would only need player pictures for the cards. There are ways of working around it. The only question is how many past players they were able to get and how far back.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #27
Rookie

bellaballa's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Ultimate Team Headed to NCAA Football 14

Wonder what the NCAA UT sub-forum for OS is going to be like. We already have FUT, HUT, and MUT and I kinda just browse while I'm there. How is this community going to embrace this new game mode?
Old 04-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaballa
Ultimate Team is a card collecting game where you field a team of players based on the cards you collect. You can then play Head to Head or against CPU. Sometimes they have promotions for certain cards. And sometimes they will host tournaments. But the big cash cow is the "auctioning" of cards.
not meant to be directed at you (not shooting messenger, thanks btw) but that sounds like crap.

why does everything have to be a damn cash grab. how about you just make a good game and people buy it because it's a good game, not make them pay for extra crap.

i won't play this anyway, so just a waste of time for me.

again, not directed at you, thanks for the info.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #29
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
NUT? Just does not sound right. I've read where EA made tons of money off FUT so no surprise it is coming to NCAA. It will be interesting to see if they use generics or legends? Could this lead to some kind of deal where they raise money to settle some lawsuits and get naming rights?
Old 04-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #30
Rookie

bellaballa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
not meant to be directed at you (not shooting messenger, thanks btw) but that sounds like crap.

why does everything have to be a damn cash grab. how about you just make a good game and people buy it because it's a good game, not make them pay for extra crap.

i won't play this anyway, so just a waste of time for me.

again, not directed at you, thanks for the info.
No problem, happy to help. To add onto your point, I completely agree with you. I get duped into trying the mode (FUT, MUT, HUT) for the first week but the concept never really catches on to me. Its cool to "collect them all" but the fact that theres the buying and selling of cards and that you have a "chance" of getting the card you want from card packs that cost more than they are worth (IMO) makes this seem catered towards someone who has too much time on their hands or enough money to spend "buying" a team.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #31
Rookie

vmkstar99's Arena

OVR: 2

Man, I can't WAIT to collect DE #7 from South Carolina, who in no way has any connection to real-life defensive end Jadeveon Clowney!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 1

Never heard of Ultimate Teams before, but by reading some of these posts, I might not even touch this feature.

Last edited by Bamantic; 04-02-2013 at 06:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »