Home

NCAA Football 14 Screenshots

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Screenshots within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #41
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 14 Screenshots

Okay guys I think I *might* be on to something.

Could it be possible that they added both primary and secondary colored accessories for the players this year? This is why I ask - if you look at this picture below, Antone Exum for Virginia Tech is wearing what looks like to me a maroon team colored glove:

And in this picture, the Virginia Tech player (Kyshoen Jarrett) is wearing orange calf bands.

Could this mean that we have the option for both primary and secondary team color accessory options, or could it just be that they did maroon gloves for VT? I know on NCAA 12 and 13, VT had orange gloves so that is why I find this interesting. I really would like to see the option to rock maroon accessories for VT.

Last edited by mm boost; 04-04-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 12

screens look the exact same as last year...need to wait and see
Old 04-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
And in this picture, the Virginia Tech player (Kyshoen Jarrett) is wearing orange calf bands.

Could this mean that we have the option for both primary and secondary team color accessory options, or could it just be that they did maroon gloves for VT? I know on NCAA 12 and 13, VT had orange gloves so that is why I find this interesting. I really would like to see the option to rock maroon accessories for VT.
It looks like they've changed some of the colors. For instance, Florida finally has the correct color cleats. What's more interesting in that picture above to further your point is if those forearm bands are maroon while the calf bands are orange. That would definitely point towards primary and secondary options.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #44
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman1050
If they don't add new facemasks this year and bring it up to date I AM GONNA BE PISSED. NO EXCUSE for having the most popular masks in the game...
I have not seen the facemask yet in any on the pics. I believe the one you are talking about is the Revo Speed w/ the G2BR mask?? (the mask EJ Manuel is wearing) The one that should have been in the game 2 years ago. I hope it makes the cut this year. That Bulldog mask they still have in has been outdated years ago, come on EA
Old 04-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

EA really makes it too easy to complain about equipment and cleats in this game. Come on get with it. Watch a game on Saturday, open an Eastbay magazine...My goodness they are terrible. I was so pumped when they added the vapor jets about 4 years ago but do they realize that Nike, UA, Adidas all release new cleats every year? The UA cleats they have are so out dated and never worn. The Cam Newton Highlight should be in for the UA schools and don't even ask me what they are thinking with the Adidas schools. Your cover boy is an Adidas guy..look at a photo or 2 from a Michigan game and see what the guys are wearing.

And the revo speed 2 bar mask better be in the game or a lot of us equipment guys probably won't buy the game. Just look at one photo of the Heisman winner and you will see tons of stuff they miss. There art department really is a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

if they didnt add primary and secondary colors, I hope they fixed VT's orange sleeves. They were horrendous in 13. The team only wears maroon.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #47
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

sorry if already asked or posted but....

Has anyone seen any shots of NCAA 14 that show a player with dreads? i think it is interesting that we have not yet seen one, and hopefully it means they are holding back to show us some new player head models and hair styles. honestly i wouldnt be mad if they just simply used the madden style dreads for players for ncaa 14. anything but the predator is a step in the right direction IMO. Im hopeful that they finally add long hair for white guys as well as other races too. im a details guy and ncaa13 "painted" hair on players necks just didnt get it done last year
Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #48
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
me too it's a very nice little touch and i'm interested to know more about how the ball is chosen. I'm not sure how its determined in real life at that level, but in the game do you guys think it will be determined by the home teams equipment carrier or just at random?
I know previous NCAA games that Adidas and Under Armour schools were given Wilson footballs but in bowl games Nike ones were used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
If there's any solice to the screenshots with the outdated Nike, Adidas, and UA cleats... When Madden 13 released early screenshots they previewed some of the cleats in still shots but not on the actual players. They only previewed the new Nike uniforms on the players. This might be the case with NCAA. They're previewing the gloves and accessories that have been missing for years now.... So they might be holding out before they release all the equipment in the final product. Dangle a little bait before you catch the big fish! Hopefully this theory is right and we're all in for a long overdue surprise!
If you see the Madden 25 screenshot Von Miller has the old Adidas cleats on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
I agree gatorman, I started a thread last year with a giant list of players who wear the RevSpeed 2bar mask just to prove its popularity. Hopefully they get this right this year. SO many QB/WR wear this mask now. As a roster editor there's nothing worse than being handcuffed with equipment liitations especially when one item is so popular. I did notice in the gameplay video that they did add teamcolor Adidas gloves. I believe Notre Dame's RB was wearing them. I can't tell in the screenshot of Northwestern and Maryland if Under Armour got their gloves, but If Adidas did, I would think they would have.
Those are Under Armour gloves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »