Home

NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

How is anyone excited about the "speed burst"? They've had this since PS2, then took the turbo button away and now are just bringing it back again, woo hoo. Also, the players still run like they have a board strapped to their back and the shoulder pads looks way to oversized. Obviously the graphics do look good but lets face it that was never the problem, I'm not on the hype train yet about the game play.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 2
Why still no chain gang on the sidelines EA? Madden had it for a few years now so why is it not in NCAA? It's the little things
Old 04-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #91
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

am i the only one that is just totally not impressed with this at all?.. looks just like they kept ncaa graphics and slapped in madden 13 infinity and NOW all of a sudden its footplanting?..it looked like a lot of ice skating still and from what i saw the ball carrier still has the "weightlessness" factor. the way the ball carrier changes directions is STILL on a dime so "zig zag" running is still gonna be a huge factor ...i dont know man i wanted to be excited but i didnt see much new here besides madden 13 infinity...kinda disappointed but thats just my opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #92
Rookie

CP3_4MVP's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm excited for this, but am going to wait until I actually see some gameplay to see if, with the new engine, comes new bugs. I hope not, and if there aren't any, EA will have my 60 dollars.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #93
Pro

OVR: 19

Glad to see the option will finally be overhauled. The option is the true authentic offense of the college game. Now that the zone read option has made it into more NFL play books, Tiburon had to fix the option in their games.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #94
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4
Anybody notice the absence of the "I have tendinitis in my elbow and am simultaneously holding in a massive bowel movement" running animation? It kind of resembled Napoleon Dynamite's run, but with more urgency.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #95
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I watched the video once and I'm not going to watch it over and over again to nitpick it frame by frame, second by second. I don't do that to hype videos.

Anyway, I'm not blown away and I'm not disappointed. I'm in the middle. Maybe it's because I've been underwhelmed by the NCAA product the past few years. Maybe it's because it's April and I don't want to think about NCAA football just yet. Either way, the video didn't get me drooling for July.

Honestly, if you had told me this was NCAA 13, I probably would have believed you. The only things I noticed that was different were the guys flipping over when they jump and were hit and a few new fast juke moves. Foot planting doesn't get me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #96
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

The excitement that I briefly felt when I clicked on the thread reminds me that I really want this series to be good. The sigh that escaped my mouth as I read the "new feature" list proved to me that EA just won't get it this gen.

I didn't even have to watch the video to know what I was getting.

Super human trucks with defenders getting blown to smithereens. The same robitic, skating running animations, and zero showcase of an overhaul to lineman.

I come in with that baggage of expectation. I click the video, watch, and shake my head at everything I thought being confirmed, along with them adding a feature (new jukes) like it's new, when they took the same feature out years ago. I kept hearing them talk about foot planting but it didn't even look different from last year. Reminds me of when they said dynamic crowd in the early hype video, and the crowds ended up being noticeably worse.

OL/DL interaction should be the biggest beneficiary of real time physics. It would impact everything from running lanes, to pockets forming/collapsing, to space eating DTs eating up blocks, to schemes like 4-3 vs 3-4 actually having a tangible difference to the way the game plays.

But no. That doesn't sell copies apparently. Just upright running runningbacks that uplift linebackers routinely. Stiffarms is the last freaking thing I wanna see being hyped this year. Sigh.

I see the little blurb on "improved run blocking" but that's like a copy and paste that they add to every single feature list every single year. Of course, it's not featured in the hype vid that's supposed to showcase the diversity of this new and improved physics engine.

I know people are gonna say "at least they are trying," but I just can't accept that. I can accept "trying" in the first few years of a new console generation as they learn the system. But to be "trying" to get basic stuff on the last iteration of a console system is just pathetic.

I've been "trying" to enjoy this series by spending $500+ on the games, and though my measly cash doesn't mean I'm owed the best gaming experience known to man, I do think it entitles me feeling like "trying" at this point isn't going to cut it.

This is the last chance a lot of us had to get a great college football game without having to spend another $400+ on new console and new game. And I'm sorry, but I think I'm savvy and hip enough to EA's marketing to know that superhuman RBs and one trick pony double collision system is the man feature of the gameplay, not an overhaul to the real problems that make the running game look and play unrealistic/boring.

It's just the same song and dance every year.

Wait till gameplay vids
Wait till demo, can't tell from just gameplay vids
Wait till retail, this demo is an old build
Wait till next year

Rinse and repeat.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 04-03-2013 at 05:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »