Home

NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #97
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

For people wanting more info about OL/DL, I thought this article was interesting.

Need to see if a vid, but still, not a bad article.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-gameplay.html
Old 04-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #98
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14
Footplanting still looks rough, but nice, I like where it's going. Running animation is still poor, however. I'm really ready to see how this engine will help the line play and blocking as a whole.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #99
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I forgot to say that I do believe that the devs hands are tied right now. They can't overhaul the animations and such. So they have to work with what they have. I understand that. I just hope they are really paying attention to what failed this gen, so that they can really take off running next gen. It's really the only bit of hope I have left, is the current devs understanding what went wrong and doing better.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #100
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Another good read about OL blocking.

http://kotaku.com/ncaa-football-14-p...e-ol-468398387
Old 04-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 3

I think they made a mistake having all these videos close up and in slow motion; it's going to look better live at full speed through an in game camera. Well, in theory at least, lol.

All in all, keeping my fingers crossed for EA football in general. The physics were sloppy in last year's Madden, and so now they're trying to add stuff too? I very much like the effort, but it also seems like they are too often a day late and a dollar short when it comes to having it all come together in the final package, so it's hard to get excited about this knowing they very well may screw it up somehow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 30
Just watched the vid again a few times, this time at home on my laptop - The footplanting looks pretty damn good. I was watching not only the runners but everyone around as much as possible. Good stuff! A cutting issue or two but I can't complain.

I'm just wondering what Madden 25 will have that NCAA doesn't have. It's always some new tech that Madden introduces first...usually. Big bruh has to have a hand-me-down for lil bruh, eh? Lol
Old 04-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #103
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7
Big question for me: Will CPU running backs take advantage of these features? Can the CPU run the spread option effectively? If not, what's the point?
Old 04-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #104
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

if most of what i saw in that clip happens once a game or once every 2 games i can live with it sprinkled in...

if it happens every drive then the game will be more of the same....

build on these, have a risk reward system so new additions like this dont become cheese....

i liked what i saw, i just want some strategy added with it, not just flashy animations....

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »