Home

NCAA Football 14 Video Interview with Ben Haumiller (Machinima Sports)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video Interview with Ben Haumiller (Machinima Sports) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #25
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video Interview with Ben Haumiller (Machinima Sports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, in a interview, Ben did say they re-added in speed burst button.
Great, it's still one of the things you keep seeing in all of this info we're getting. Speed Burst button and fatigue. 2 things that have been in the game, 1 was phased out and the other just didn't work properly. Sorry but these are not new features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #26
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Great, it's still one of the things you keep seeing in all of this info we're getting. Speed Burst button and fatigue. 2 things that have been in the game, 1 was phased out and the other just didn't work properly. Sorry but these are not new features.
Why does this bother you so much? So they took them out a couple years ago, and decided they would work better than last years mechanic with the new running animations and "foot planting." They are refining fatigue for the better. Instead of just general fatigue like before, its based on how much sprinting you do, and you have to pace yourself so you don't burn out in the 4th quarter. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Is this not a good thing that they realized this would be a better system? If it improves the game are you still gonna be mad?

Last edited by PVarck31; 04-04-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #27
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Why does this bother you so much? So they took them out a couple years ago, and decided they would work better than last years mechanic with the new running animations and "foot planting." They are refining fatigue for the better. Instead of just general fatigue like before, its based on how much sprinting you do, and you have to pace yourself so you don't burn out in the 4th quarter. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Is this not a good thing that they realized this would be a better system? If it improves the game are you still gonna be mad?
the fact that on the first day of giving new info for a new game 2 of the things they talk about were old things/ broken features they brought back. That bothers me because we're coming up to the end of this generation of games and we're bringing back old features? We should be taking steps forward not backtracking.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #28
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Why is Tech wearing the uniforms we wore in 2011?
because they dont REALLY pay any attention whatsoever to details i mean they had default sock level at ankle socks for 5+ years before they realized nobody in the country wears them anymore...details details details, they make a big difference in the overall quality delivered in the final product.. ireally dont think they will ever "get it"
Old 04-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #29
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
the fact that on the first day of giving new info for a new game 2 of the things they talk about were old things/ broken features they brought back. That bothers me because we're coming up to the end of this generation of games and we're bringing back old features? We should be taking steps forward not backtracking.
Those two things kinda fit with the whole new running engine. They pretty much go hand in hand. So why would they wait to talk about those things.

I think overall they are steps forward. If they made the game better than its a step forward. Like I said, those features aren't just exactly what was already in the game two years ago. They are refined versions of them which make more sense to use with the new running engine than the mechanics of last year. Would you rather them keep the mechanics from last year even though they don't fit with what they are doing now? That will just make the game worse.

Look man, I get how you feel. EA makes me scratch my head a lot. But I just don't see this as being a bad thing.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #30
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Still see alot of patty cake interaction going on...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 04-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #31
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I think overall they are steps forward. If they made the game better than its a step forward.
I'd agree with this sentiment if we weren't coming to the end of this generation of games on the current consoles. But what good are "steps forward" at the end if the majority of people are hoping for a complete overhaul for the next gen systems. I know I expect a much better product on the new systems when they come out. But following the pattern usually games are at their peak when they get to the end of the console cycle and then take a drop when they start on the new systems while they learn and test the technology.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #32
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Guys I think the arguments are really simple on this and maybe most if not all would agree... EA has done a crappy job this console of removing and adding and removing features. It's as if little to no direction is going on with the team. As someone who has put in tons of hours working on rosters with 13 to avoid 14 at full price, I truly love college football and think the game isn't half bad. Possibly just because of how much work has been done.., I see stamina on my games and can tell when my backs are dead with auto sprint off. Could it be done better and would I welcome it? Yes yes yes. Does this game seem to attempt that? Yes. I'm all for improvement, just maybe the right trigger deal is getting heat because it is our running joke at OS about EA recycling features and making them new.

what is bad to me, is like Jersey is saying this comes at the last game made for this console exclusively. If this game was 2 years ago I think I'd be raving and super excited. After last couple years that enthusiasm has waned... Especially when my mind is already on the new systems and this will take another hit next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »