Home

Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most?

This is a discussion on Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which feature in NCAA Football 14 are you interested in learning more about?
Infinity Engine 2.0 31 49.21%
Running Game Improvements 14 22.22%
Option Offense 11 17.46%
Stumble Recovery 0 0%
Force Impact System 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most?

what do they mean when they say "20 different option types"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 1

Has user catching been improved? Most of the time when I try to user catch in NCAA 13 my guy won't jump when I press triangle, and it won't let me attempt to catch the ball unless I'm positioned a certain way, so I can't strafe. Basically, user catching feels broken.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #27
Banned

I forgot to add in my previous post that sometimes the swat doesn't work either, is it fixed?
Old 04-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamantic
Has user catching been improved? Most of the time when I try to user catch in NCAA 13 my guy won't jump when I press triangle, and it won't let me attempt to catch the ball unless I'm positioned a certain way, so I can't strafe. Basically, user catching feels broken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamantic
I forgot to add in my previous post that sometimes the swat doesn't work either, is it fixed?
Ball Hawk was added to NCAA 13 last year where instead of pressing the button the make the action happen, you instead hold the button and when playing defense the system helps move you into position to make a play on the ball.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:02 AM   #29
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
When did you become a Game Changer or am I missing something? lol

Congrats either way.
I became a Game Changer back in May of 2010. Up until a few days ago I never really came to the OS Forums.

Little bit about myself: I moderate the EA Forums, have attended 5 Community events (1 Madden 12, 3 Madden 13, and 1 for NCAA Football 14) and won 1 Tournament down there (Lost to SGibs in another).

I mainly help with providing insight on the upcoming games and will soon be writing for UnderTheCode.com.

Im hoping that over time I will learn more about the fans of OS and help with any questions people have.

QA Central Gameplay-Madden NFL

Old 04-10-2013, 02:04 AM   #30
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

Quote:
Caught you on the radio show, good stuff. Does this new run blocking logic, real AI and pretty much all the new applicable features translate over to Special teams? In other words did you notice any of that improvement in the run game, on punts and kick returns too?

I don't see why it wouldn't but again, can't take anything for granted.
Special Teams blocking was actually very intelligent in the build that I played. In fact, I did notice the same logic on Special Teams plays that I did on running plays.

So hopefully that makes you happy! lol

Old 04-10-2013, 02:27 AM   #31
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Mole
Special Teams blocking was actually very intelligent in the build that I played. In fact, I did notice the same logic on Special Teams plays that I did on running plays.

So hopefully that makes you happy! lol
It makes me interested in seeing how this all shakes out. You stated you have been to Tiburon in the past so I am sure you are well aware of the changes the game can go through before release. So while it's encouraging to hear these things in April, the demo and the retail reviews from gamers in early August will tell the final tale.

Drifterbub mentioned how fatigue plays a role on Special Teams by tiring out those returners that like to run laterally versus heading up field. I had forgotten all about that kind of stuff so that was definitely good to read and he stated it also applies for those that like to speed burst zig-zag around blockers to tackle the returner.

My concern is that someone(s) decide that fatigue and other things are too restrictive to User control, ie User success, imo, so that get "balanced", with no way for anyone to undo it. This is why I don't understand why they can't provide a "simulation" setting, like other sports sims currently do, where they are not obligated to provide balance and can just err on the side of realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 02:38 AM   #32
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

Quote:
My concern is that someone(s) decide that fatigue and other things are too restrictive to User control, ie User success, imo, so that get "balanced", with no way for anyone to undo it. This is why I don't understand why they can't provide a "simulation" setting, like other sports sims currently do, where they are not obligated to provide balance and can just err on the side of realism.
Ill have to talk to Drifterbub about this one. You bring up a good point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »