Home

Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most?

This is a discussion on Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which feature in NCAA Football 14 are you interested in learning more about?
Infinity Engine 2.0 31 49.21%
Running Game Improvements 14 22.22%
Option Offense 11 17.46%
Stumble Recovery 0 0%
Force Impact System 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #41
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
I never said fatigue should be adjusted because people would be "too affected"

I want it to work as it should. But it would be really, really, really nice if they gave options for us to decide who is on our fields (remember your options thread?)
==========
==========

But I think its a little too early to talk about changing how fatigue works because nobody knows or even fully understands how it works. Even most of the game changers who talk about it still dont really get it. EA hasnt said anything about how it works (I have a lot of theories as to why).

But there are certain facts that need to come into play with this.
Just from the nature of their positions
OL doesnt come off of the field in real life
QB doesnt come off of the field
Corners dont come off of the field unless injury

I wonder how this is worked in to the system.

1)Do these players come out of the game with no care about how things happen IRL?

2)Do these players stay in the game no matter what but with the same effects that fatigue should bring?

As with #2 that is cool for QBs (fumbles, run slower, less throw acc/power) and OL. But a can of worms comes into play with the CB. The CB can be manipulated if this is the case. They can be manipulated in ways you really wouldnt like

But as of now nobody really understands how fatigue works all the way. Hopefully EA comes out and says something soon
Yeah that's true, I think the premise for the system comes from FIFA, so that's likely how it works. http://www.ea.com/fifa11/videos/ca03...001065140aRCRD

I am interested to so this translates exactly into the the game. The thing I like most about it is that it seems to encourage no wasted movement on the field, which has been desperately needed in football games. I would presume as long as you utilize players within their wheelhouse, according to their stamina rating, you should be good. For instance a highly athletic QB like RG3 will likely be able to scramble around, within reason and still recover between plays, whereas trying that with Payton Manning will tire him out far more. Not to the extent of Manning coming off the field but his performance being noticeably effected and more prone to injury. I'd imagine since OLineman can't even be User controlled except on INT returns and that don't spend much time deep running deep down field, the effects of fatigue on them will be realistically negligible.

So I think #2 is likely, maybe with some kind of feature where players request to come out, like I think it is in FIFA. I don't really understand the manipulation aspect for a CB you are referring to unless you are talking about people subbing in decoy receivers just to tire out starting CBs, which is a possible tactic. This might all somehow tie into Dynasty mode, so they are waiting til then to explain more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Yeah that's true, I think the premise for the system comes from FIFA, so that's likely how it works. http://www.ea.com/fifa11/videos/ca03...001065140aRCRD

I am interested to so this translates exactly into the the game. The thing I like most about it is that it seems to encourage no wasted movement on the field, which has been desperately needed in football games. I would presume as long as you utilize players within their wheelhouse, according to their stamina rating, you should be good. For instance a highly athletic QB like RG3 will likely be able to scramble around, within reason and still recover between plays, whereas trying that with Payton Manning will tire him out far more. Not to the extent of Manning coming off the field but his performance being noticeably effected and more prone to injury. I'd imagine since OLineman can't even be User controlled except on INT returns and that don't spend much time deep running deep down field, the effects of fatigue on them will be realistically negligible.

So I think #2 is likely, maybe with some kind of feature where players request to come out, like I think it is in FIFA. I don't really understand the manipulation aspect for a CB you are referring to unless you are talking about people subbing in decoy receivers just to tire out starting CBs, which is a possible tactic. This might all somehow tie into Dynasty mode, so they are waiting til then to explain more.
This post made me think about OL fatigue and it got me thinking it would be neat if doing things such as constantly calling HB screen plays or counters where you are pulling linemen having them run all over the field would tire them out. I remember how gassed our guards would be when we had them pulling constantly.

As far as the CB manipulation, I can see people using package subs to send a 4th WR deep a few times in a row to get the CB to run with him and then trying to take advantage with their main deep threat, but to me that's just strategy. As a defensive coordinator, you'll just have to adjust to it. Maybe check off to cover 2 to save that CB if you notice the slow WR is out wide.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
If you are on D you cannot slow the game down....

In madden (idk how it is for NCAA) you have starting LBs on the kickoff team. Now IRL this may not be a big deal as far as fatigue is concerned because a lot of backers are 2 down players anyway and they have a built in rest on obvious passing 3rd downs or just personnel based offensive formations.
(has nothing to do with being tired but abt coverage skill set)

This isnt replicated in video games for various reasons (one of them being inaccurate ratings for backups)

The difference between real life and these video games is that irl the coach has the choice on who is out there on special teams. So I dnt see how putting that in the game is watering down fatigue.
You can set special team positions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »