Home

Favorite recruit?

This is a discussion on Favorite recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #17
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Favorite recruit?

Glad this thread has got some love. I got a player in a current dynasty that's moving up my favorite list. I'm in my 2nd year of a dynasty with Utah State I set the recruiting difficulty to Heisman just to see how hard it'd be to pull in a top 50 class. (didn't happen #52 and no 4 stars) The crown jewel of my first class is from Bountiful, Utah 3* RB 5'9 218lbs Rashard Gooden pre-scouting the game had him as a 68 OVR. After scouting he gained 7 ratings points overall elevating him to 75 OVR. I've played one and simmed one so far I'm in week 3 currently.

I played against Arizona week 1 (Heisman) lost 34-30 Gooden had 122 yards on 21 carries and all 3 of my TD's. passing game was shut down.

I simmed the next game vs Idaho he had 187 yards on 17 carries 2 TD's.

Next up is Hawaii and i'm tempted to sim that to see if he is for real in the simulation.

I have a JuCo (JR) CB from that class that is playing very well also, as the Nickel He's a 71 OVR
2 INT's, 1 FR, and 1 sack in 2 games so far. Don't normally recruit JuCo's but had to take what I could get recruiting on Heisman. I'm gonna call him The Great White Hope Steven James, white boy with 92 speed. 81 Acceleration though :/

Last edited by nikka; 06-01-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #18
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

Awesome stuff Bleed thanks for posting!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #19
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Haha so I'm not the only one.

Had many over the years but in 13 it would have to be Mike Bentley in my UTSA dynasty. He was one of those freak 6'7'' receivers and had a 91 spectacular catch as a freshman (he was 74 overall). Was just unstoppable all four year and broke all kinds of records.

I actually wrote an article with the story builder feature about how he contemplated playing football or basketball in high school. Ah yes it good fun.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

NCAA 06 - I had a 3 star FS recruit in my Hofstra dynasty by the name of Domingo Lane. I thought the name was great! I don't remember but his OVR rating was no greater than 75 OVR...he was a ballhawk though and played much better than his ratings. In back to back seasons he had double digit interceptions (10 & 12). Every year I try to recreate good 'ole Domingo but it's never the same. There will only be one Domingo!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #21
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikka
Awesome stuff Bleed thanks for posting!
no problem man! I just had to share it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #22
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Without a doubt, Jayden Steel. He was a god damn cheat code. It wasn't even fair.

His first SEC start, on the last play of the game, just to give you an idea of how easy he made it.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/50089131

With him, the game was over by halftime, if I was playing a good team. There were a lot of times I was up 28-0 after my first four drives. I think his senior year he only played in the 4th quarter once. He didn't have a lot of passing attempts but I didn't have to pass all that much.

Numbers never lie though...
Attached Images
File Type: png Jayden Steel.png (10.5 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg 22.jpg (53.3 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg 662A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_NCb.jpg (38.8 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg 662A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Jgd.jpg (25.9 KB, 193 views)

@AdamdotH
Old 06-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 38
These are awesome guys keep em coming, I've got one to share when I get home.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 38

The story starts off in NCAA11 in my Michigan State dynasty after several years of bowl appearances, all ending in loses, and seeing my prestige slowly climb. Yet I still wasn't pulling in the program changing recruits, my team had no identity, no real star player. Then in the 2012 offseason along came 5'10'' four star receiver Blake Prince, from Grande Ledge, Michigan.

Now Prince wasn't the biggest receiver or fastest one, but he had solid catching and route running. Those skills made me go after him even though I didn't think I could close the deal with him, as Michigan was his number one, but I threw everything I had at him and on the final week of off season recruiting he signed with me.

His freshman season he got red shirted cause I had older and better receivers ahead of him, and wanted to get all the progression I could out of him. So the very next season he climbed up to the third wide out on my depth chart.

In his red shirt freshman season he didn't see a lot of balls thrown his way at first, but every time one was he would catch it. Slowly and slowly he started to get more catches, till he became an important part of the offense. He finished 2014 second on the team with 51 catches, 682 yards, and 6 touchdowns.

In 2015 he bolted into the national spotlight with a monster season for a red shirt sophomore. It was clear he would be a great one, finishing the 2015 campaign with 99 catches, 1481 yards, and 20 touchdowns.

I never finished the 2016 season, I've always wanted to go back and give him the proper send out, but four games through it he was 60% of the passing game and just shy of half of the total offensive yards, plus accounting for half of the touchdowns for the Spartans. Also he was first on the Heisman watch with 37 catches, 678 yards and 8 touchdowns.

Here are a couple more photos of him.

I don't remember his stats, but I remember he was 99 overall his Junior year with high 90s in all catching stats(including route running) and low 90s speed. Prince was just hands down the best player I have ever had, I'm sure I give him a boost in the ranking because I recruited him and got to see him develop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »