Home

Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

This is a discussion on Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

Ok I decided to start my dynasty with this. Doing a CPU vs. CPU dynasty and having a blast! Using the CPU vs. CPU sliders from the slider forum. So after year one do you recommend promoting all the conference winners and top 25 teams to the elite tier or is everyone stuck for 3 years?

Decided not to do the violation part of it. To much time and not quite sure how it enhances the experience, think the conference part of it is enough! Thank you very much for your work on this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by achristner7
Ok I decided to start my dynasty with this. Doing a CPU vs. CPU dynasty and having a blast! Using the CPU vs. CPU sliders from the slider forum. So after year one do you recommend promoting all the conference winners and top 25 teams to the elite tier or is everyone stuck for 3 years?

Decided not to do the violation part of it. To much time and not quite sure how it enhances the experience, think the conference part of it is enough! Thank you very much for your work on this!
After year 1 I move everyone and start the 3 year period from there. Remember that being ranked overrides this rule as a ranked team that runs the table will likely be in the NCG.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #123
Rookie

Season 4 update:

I had my first scare this year as the prior year Florida tanked 3-9 (1-8) and was moved down but still had a loaded team. They didnt start ranked but they went undefeated and quickly climbed the charts. They got to the top 10 quickly (week 8) but couldn't climb from there and ended their perfect season at 5 in the final poll (6 going into the bowls). So the system worked in the end but it had me nervous for a while. Both Miami and Nebraska came out of nowhere this season and each went undefeated to meet in the NCG. Miami prevailed 41-28 and claimed another NCG for the southeast region.

In my 2nd year in the sun belt I had a very good year. 1 sim loss in conference early set me up for a week 11 game against 9-1 (6-1) vandy which would ultimately be for the division. To add to the pressure I had a boatload of recruits coming in to visit and vandy had a slightly better team (85 vs 89). It was just one of those games where the EA gods hated me and nobody could hold a ball. I knew it was a bad sign when on the 1st play they went deep and my CB slid off the WR and gave them a 75 yd TD. I gave up 2 INTs (1 my stupidity, 1 off my WR's hands and into theirs) and 4! fumbles lost and still somehow managed to make it a game. They tied up the score with 45 seconds left and I had 3 timeouts. I get a good return out to the 42 yard line and I figured I was in business. On the first play I end up dumping the ball to my HB in the flats and he gets it to the 50. As I am taking it out of bounds he gets hit and fumbles - of course they recover. He was 1 step from being out too. They are able to get a few first downs and kick a 40 yd FG as time expires. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. I ended the season at 10-2 and got destroyed by a much superior Virginia in a bowl game. I believe it was 28-45 - but it really wasn't even that close.

On a positive note - my HB was a stud this year and managed to win the heisman. It wasn't just from user games either, I checked and he averaged almost 200 YPG in the simmed away games! He came back for his senior year and he is going to be a MONSTER. End of year progression took him to 97 OVR, 97 SPD, 98 ACC, 99 ELU. I don't remember the rest but all RB skills (truck, spin, stiff arm, juke) are over 90 as well. I already had some real sick runs with broken tackles and nasty juke / spins, but it should be on a whole new level. It is like watching DAT play against sun belt teams all season. Apparently the #1 HB recruit also liked what he saw as he joined me at 81 OVR, 96 SPD (forget the rest - but it was solid across the board) so I should be set there for years to come.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #124
Rookie

genac's Arena

Is anyone else having trouble with teams not playing their conference schedule? Florida State, for example, played one SEC team in 2013 (Vanderbilt.) Just started my 2014 season and FSU is still not playing SEC schools. Also, my team (UTSA) didn't have any C-USA teams scheduled after getting promoted so I had to manually put them on my schedule.

If there's any workarounds, I'd appreciate the help.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #125
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by genac
Is anyone else having trouble with teams not playing their conference schedule? Florida State, for example, played one SEC team in 2013 (Vanderbilt.) Just started my 2014 season and FSU is still not playing SEC schools. Also, my team (UTSA) didn't have any C-USA teams scheduled after getting promoted so I had to manually put them on my schedule.

Ruh ro... I have not noticed this but I'm only in week 10 and might not have paid attention. Ill let you know what I see after this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #126
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by achristner7
Ruh ro... I have not noticed this but I'm only in week 10 and might not have paid attention. Ill let you know what I see after this game.
Looks like all my teams have played all their necessary conf. games, granted I'm still in year one.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Can you do a random schedule? That way it would schedule the conference games... I think you can do this after you move teams around, not 100% on this but I knew you could with last years game...
Old 07-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #128
Rookie

Quote:

I haven't seen any weirdness with this yet through 4 seasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »