Home

Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

This is a discussion on Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

Ok so I added all 126 teams to Timeetyo's violations system and changed the thresholds to 80, 90, 93, 96, and 99 to remove or edit 1 player or up to 5 players.... Some teams will really have to mess up bad to get hit with 3 or more player edits. I would contribute those to curfew breakers or bar fights or academic violations. Would anybody know what the average number of players getting suspended or kicked off a team due to a team or NCAA infraction? Couldn't find much on that. Anyways, with these numbers it could range from between 30 and up to 60 players that could be at risk to get removed or edited depending on how the spreadsheet rolls it out.... I am so looking forward to this game now, this gives a whole new element that we hadn't had in several years in this series.

Last edited by shopejay; 06-30-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #42
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopejay
Ok so I added all 126 teams to Timeetyo's violations system and changed the thresholds to 80, 90, 93, 96, and 99 to remove or edit 1 player or up to 5 players.... Some teams will really have to mess up bad to get hit with 3 or more player edits. I would contribute those to curfew breakers or bar fights or academic violations. Would anybody know what the average number of players getting suspended or kicked off a team due to a team or NCAA infraction? Couldn't find much on that. Anyways, with these numbers it could range from between 30 and up to 60 players that could be at risk to get removed or edited depending on how the spreadsheet rolls it out.... I am so looking forward to this game now, this gives a whole new element that we hadn't had in several years in this series.
I like the idea of it affecting all the teams also. I was going to look to incorporate a school punishment also in rare cases. Where it would take away some scholarships and in the relegation system it could drop them down so they don't get BCS bowl bids. I am working on a formula that I like. One that could randomly affect any team but would be rare and then another factor would be if they had a couple years of 3 or more players in trouble it would up the chances of a team punishment by the NCAA.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopejay

you might want to make your thresholds higher (90+) with the numbers you listed you still have some rolls with 70+ players to be edited/cut. Unless you really want to spend time editing all 126 teams (although if you're on xbox this would be quicker with the editor)

I did a random set of 60 rolls with your set and ranged from 23-84 total players. From my research (12 and so far the 13 seasons) in the real FBS there seems to be an avg of ~30-40 players that violations affect. (my research could also be off, but it's what I could find and what i'm using)

I'm trying to find a happy medium for myself doing it with all 126 teams and so far my best set is 93,95,97,99,100 (amount of edits per year have ranged from 17-52 so far in my testing of 60 random number sets)

Of course there are outliers in any sample set, I felt 60 rolls was a fair sample to establish a base with.

If anyone is curious, i was counting the yeses with a count function to make it easier.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercasecurtis
you might want to make your thresholds higher (90+) with the numbers you listed you still have some rolls with 70+ players to be edited/cut. Unless you really want to spend time editing all 126 teams (although if you're on xbox this would be quicker with the editor)

I did a random set of 60 rolls with your set and ranged from 23-84 total players. From my research (12 and so far the 13 seasons) in the real FBS there seems to be an avg of ~30-40 players that violations affect. (my research could also be off, but it's what I could find and what i'm using)

I'm trying to find a happy medium for myself doing it with all 126 teams and so far my best set is 93,95,97,99,100 (amount of edits per year have ranged from 17-52 so far in my testing of 60 random number sets)

Of course there are outliers in any sample set, I felt 60 rolls was a fair sample to establish a base with.

If anyone is curious, i was counting the yeses with a count function to make it easier.
Thanks for the info.... Yeah those rolls seem to be more reasonable... I kept getting up in the 50's on some and that just seems to high, especially with only 30 to 40 players getting in trouble... I couldn't find anything on that unless I wasn't looking in the right places... This is a good system if people want to take the time to incorporate it into their dynasties... Makes for a new aspect.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #45
Rookie

to be honest, like my first post stated that my info on the 30-40 numbers could be wrong. I spent a few hours searching and the best data I could find were a few lists of players that left from all teams in 2012 and so far in 2013. I counted up those that were listed as dismissed or left for undisclosed reasoning and did an average of the 2. So i'm using that data personally, and anyone else that wants to can as well, just note that it may or may not be entirely accurate lol. Sounds good though right?

I also added a hit the gym/couch potato roll into my dynasty spreadsheet. More or less I roll for each team (really high threshold) and get 1-2 players for each team selected. They each get a position/depth roll (already on team players) and then a 1 or 2 roll. A 1 means they hit the gym and gained some points in the offseason (+15 att) if they roll a 2 they were a couch potato and lost points (-15 att)

I liked the idea of some gems/busts in there too so I added a similar roll for that but instead of a positional roll it does a 1-10 for recruit number (i figure most teams have around 10 signed players or more and if they don't and I roll a 10 i'll just use the last recruit) Works similar with the 1 or 2 roll from above. (i used a +-25 att for these though)

The last 2 rolls (gym/potato and gem/bust) I try to only have a few each to limit my editing time. So the thresholds are at a 98 and 100 right now on my spreadsheet meaning I get around 10 or so each season.

I'll prob tweak my thresholds as I actually play the game but for now I like having around 30 violations, 5-10 gem/busts and 5-10 gym/potatoes. Really is going to depend on menu speed (ps3) since I don't have a mass editor to use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #46
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
to be honest, like my first post stated that my info on the 30-40 numbers could be wrong. I spent a few hours searching and the best data I could find were a few lists of players that left from all teams in 2012 and so far in 2013. I counted up those that were listed as dismissed or left for undisclosed reasoning and did an average of the 2. So i'm using that data personally, and anyone else that wants to can as well, just note that it may or may not be entirely accurate lol. Sounds good though right?

I also added a hit the gym/couch potato roll into my dynasty spreadsheet. More or less I roll for each team (really high threshold) and get 1-2 players for each team selected. They each get a position/depth roll (already on team players) and then a 1 or 2 roll. A 1 means they hit the gym and gained some points in the offseason (+15 att) if they roll a 2 they were a couch potato and lost points (-15 att)

I liked the idea of some gems/busts in there too so I added a similar roll for that but instead of a positional roll it does a 1-10 for recruit number (i figure most teams have around 10 signed players or more and if they don't and I roll a 10 i'll just use the last recruit) Works similar with the 1 or 2 roll from above. (i used a +-25 att for these though)

The last 2 rolls (gym/potato and gem/bust) I try to only have a few each to limit my editing time. So the thresholds are at a 98 and 100 right now on my spreadsheet meaning I get around 10 or so each season.

I'll prob tweak my thresholds as I actually play the game but for now I like having around 30 violations, 5-10 gem/busts and 5-10 gym/potatoes. Really is going to depend on menu speed (ps3) since I don't have a mass editor to use.
This is excellent. Thank you for your input. I am going to implement something similar. Probably the exact same thing to be honest.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

I added another tab that you may find helpful - you can change the thresholds and # of teams (green fields) and it will calculate the average number of teams and average total number of players impacted. This makes it easy to tweak how you want it without having to run 60 trials.

Please forgive the lack of pretty formatting - i'm traveling and updated it on my phone and the google app doesnt give me all of the formatting functions (that i could find).

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #48
Rookie

Haha thank you timeetyo for the update.

No worries on the format, I'm a pretty big spreadsheet junkie when it comes to the data, so I can always change it up myself. Your table is deff easier than manually running each roll

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »