Home

Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

This is a discussion on Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #25
Banned

Shldr2Shldr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
You know its called Dynasty mode not Franchise mode?
Tomato, tamata. In both franchise and dynasty you're managing a team and teams lose players every year due to a multitude of reasons, the violation system just adds more depth and reality to it all along with adding replayability.

Great work, OP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #26
Rookie

tinytimh's Arena

Ok, everyone keeps having great ideas on various threads, so I keep piecing together what I'm going to do.

Someone said in their dynasty to keep it fresh, they will occasionally do their own Gem/Bust system and add/subtract 25 skill points to/from a player or two each offseason.

So using Timeetyo's violations spreadsheet and changing the thresholds, I think I'll add this in. In one 'roll', two teams in the 110's ended up with 5 gems! This could drastically alter their chances of moving up the next year! There was also a team at around 20 that had 4 gems that would likely push them into the NC picture!

Oh yeah, I extended the violations and gems/busts to the entire 126 teams (and had to change the thresholds so that I don't have to make hundreds of changes every offseason haha)
Old 06-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
You know its called Dynasty mode not Franchise mode?
Who cares?
Old 06-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #28
mre
Rookie

mre's Arena

Wow, I love the violations system. I am 100% certain I am stealing that -- now I'm even more excited for the new game.

Have you had any other thoughts on how to add realistic outcomes to the game like this? I do like the idea of the gem/bust system mentioned as well.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mre
Wow, I love the violations system. I am 100% certain I am stealing that -- now I'm even more excited for the new game.

Have you had any other thoughts on how to add realistic outcomes to the game like this? I do like the idea of the gem/bust system mentioned as well.
The gem / bust system does intrigue me but I don't think I'll be using it to start as it is a fine balance of fun twists to your dynasty vs. spending too much time in the offseason tweaking things. I may get more into this once I get a few seasons in and want to shake it up a bit. I really like the idea of plopping a random stud onto a 1* CPU team and seeing what happens.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #30
mre
Rookie

mre's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
The gem / bust system does intrigue me but I don't think I'll be using it to start as it is a fine balance of fun twists to your dynasty vs. spending too much time in the offseason tweaking things. I may get more into this once I get a few seasons in and want to shake it up a bit. I really like the idea of plopping a random stud onto a 1* CPU team and seeing what happens.
Definitely agree. Though I imagine that it's gotta be much faster this year, what with the new menus and all.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #31
Rookie

tinytimh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
I'm banking on there being an editor so that I can pop the roster file onto my computer and make all these edits. If I have to do all these changes in-game, I will just have to limit it to only violations and only the top 25.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #32
Banned

Shldr2Shldr's Arena

Would it be possible to get the excel file in a interactive form? I think you should just be able to package it in a .zip and upload it to a site like mediafire or another free service.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »