Home

NCAA, no excitement anymore?

This is a discussion on NCAA, no excitement anymore? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #41
Rookie

Volz4lif3's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA, no excitement anymore?

I'm gonna say one more thing as I don't post much and jus usually observe... I want to give a Big Thanks to all the peeps who make and share the rosters it really makes the game for me and others I'm sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #42
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volz4lif3
Ok let me start off saying I'm a 37 y/o man.(usually excited by the game coming out) Past years the excitement level has drastically changed around these forums. I remember in the past people were salivating to get this game early and peeps who had the game were giving perspectives of the game and etc..question is Has NCAA ran its course and change should come from EA or is it a dying game?
Well, many of us "old school" NCAA fans are getting older. We're all near 30, or over in some cases and we've seen the game disappoint us/waste our money so many times that the magic we used to feel is pretty much dead.

The younger crowd, many of which have NEVER played NCAA on any system other than PS3/360 have never gotten a great game to be excited about.

I didn't buy last year, and this year I have the game on reserve but even tho i like the demo, I'm not buying it in full until I see some retail version impressions.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #43
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

If you had 8 Christmases in a row where you were promised all kinds of fun, exciting, and innovative presents, only to get coal in your stocking once again ... you probably wouldn't get too excited about Christmas.

That being said, I am considering a purchase of NCAA for the first time in a while. A lot of my biggest complaints with the gameplay, while still not at the level I would like to see, have been improved upon enough for me to have fun playing the demo. If the retail version plays as well, or better, than the demo then I'll probably get it. Might wait for a used copy or price drop though.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #44
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

I am a 21 year old college student and have gotten ncaa football every year since ncaa 2003. It is safe to say that this series has taken a dive over the last few years, but this years game is really looking to turn the corner heading into next gen.

Let me tell you... If we get the ability to run an fcs dynasty alongside the fbs dynasty...I will never leave my bedroom. I just miss the fcs teams from last gen,... Oh and the gameplay was awesome other than bad pursuit angles.

Sorry for the bad grammar... I don't like typing on this tablet..
Old 07-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #45
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr

Since '14 not coming to next gen, this shouldn't be an issue for this game should it?
I do think it is a factor. How much of a factor, who knows? It's hard to quantify, but I've definitely seen a fair share of guys in the console threads talking about already trading in their PS3's and 360's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
OD saved the series for me. Last year was the first time I got really into NCAA on this generation of consoles and it was as much fun as I've ever had with the entire series. Competing against so many of your friends is always going to be a blast.

As a whole I think the excitement is gone because EA blew it on this generation. They got off on the wrong foot and never really put out a quality game IMO until '13. You can't get excited for something that you know will be average at best.

That being said, I'm very excited for '14. Not as I excited as I was a decade ago when 2003/2004 were dropping. But I'm also in my 30's now and my priorities are just a TAD different than they were in 2003.
OD's saved the series for me as well. I don't really care about going head-to-head against another human so much... for me it's about sharing my "NCAA Universe" with others. It brought a whole new level of entertainment in NCAA for me.

If it weren't for OD's NCAA would probably feel stale to me too. I mean, you can only do the same things in a video game, year after year, season upon season, before it starts getting a little old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
If you had 8 Christmases in a row where you were promised all kinds of fun, exciting, and innovative presents, only to get coal in your stocking once again ... you probably wouldn't get too excited about Christmas.

That being said, I am considering a purchase of NCAA for the first time in a while. A lot of my biggest complaints with the gameplay, while still not at the level I would like to see, have been improved upon enough for me to have fun playing the demo. If the retail version plays as well, or better, than the demo then I'll probably get it. Might wait for a used copy or price drop though.
I agree gameplay still isn't were it needs to be. However, I would argue about the lack of innovation. Game play wise certainly the innovation is still lacking (in comparison to other sports games), but my my opinion the web based Online Dynasties and even Team Builder are two of the most innovative features in sports games this gen... well ever.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #46
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I think part of it is franchise fatigue. There have been 8 releases this generation, including 2014.

Part of it is that the early releases have just been put on such lockdown that there's no point in even searching. This isn't 2006 when you could go to Target a week before release and find the game.

Part of it is that there are a lot of people who have gone from being like 14 and in high school when this series started on 360 to being in their mid-20s by now. The time to get hyped just isn't there, and there are other responsibilities.

Part of it also is all of the negativity that is on boards like this. Those who are excited by the game just don't bother posting.

Finally, there's the season ticket release. Many of us know that we can just get it Friday without any issue.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #47
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I am in my mid-30's and am very exicted for NCAA 14's release. Heck, I've been playing video games since I was 6 ... no sense in denying that I'm addicted to this stuff, lol.

While some of the NCAA games this generation have been disappointing, I have enjoyed NCAA 11-13 and the demo for 14 really impressed me, so that bodes well for next week.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #48
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I do think it is a factor. How much of a factor, who knows? It's hard to quantify, but I've definitely seen a fair share of guys in the console threads talking about already trading in their PS3's and 360's.
Ill be trading my PS3 in soon after PS4 comes out. Using the money to pay off part if the credit card i used to pre order the console.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »