Home

NCAA, no excitement anymore?

This is a discussion on NCAA, no excitement anymore? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #33
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA, no excitement anymore?

37 myself. Biggest EA critic perhaps ever, but this Demo shows an improved game without a doubt. Sure it is what we should have had around 4-5 years ago, but I need something to play till the PS4 comes out, so pre-ordered today.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #34
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
Some of us have had longer relationships with NCAA than our significant others. finding ways to keep it fresh is task in any relationship this deep into it. I'm always excited around anniversary time. I've learned to know what to expect from her...I mean NCAA!
Ha, that was awesome.

I'm 41 and more excited for this release than any other. I still play 13 and am one of the few it seems that loved last year's game. I can't wait to get my hands on 14. The demo exceeded my expectations.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #35
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

From what I have gathered being in this forum it seems online guys, particularly those in ODs with friends and fam get the most enjoyment out of this game. Most, or maybe just some, offline guys like myself are harder to please. The CPU AI and playcalling is just lacking and has been since last gen tbh. Playing another user masks a million and one weaknesses that this game has had for years.

Another thing to take into account is the fact that a lot of ppl only play football games on their consoles. I have 3-4 friends in my friendslist on this site that I know for a fact only play Madden and NCAA. Those ppl are gonna buy the game come hell or high water and they will always be excited for it no matter what. I completely understand that.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 07-02-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #36
Rookie

MNHuskerman's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm 35 and stoked for Tuesday! Heck, I took a half day off work to go pick the game up at 12:00 and play it all afternoon with the stereo system turned up and no wife/kids around to tell me I'm acting like a geek.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #37
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

OD saved the series for me. Last year was the first time I got really into NCAA on this generation of consoles and it was as much fun as I've ever had with the entire series. Competing against so many of your friends is always going to be a blast.

As a whole I think the excitement is gone because EA blew it on this generation. They got off on the wrong foot and never really put out a quality game IMO until '13. You can't get excited for something that you know will be average at best.

That being said, I'm very excited for '14. Not as I excited as I was a decade ago when 2003/2004 were dropping. But I'm also in my 30's now and my priorities are just a TAD different than they were in 2003.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #38
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

Wow, had no idea that I was younger than the majority of people that play NCAA on here.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #39
Rookie

Volz4lif3's Arena

OVR: 2

Yea I'm jus like a kid I use to be excited every year when NCAA comes out but it's starting to fizzle but... With some of the positivity I hear, my juices may be flowing again.. Jus needed to hear some reinforcement I suppose.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #40
Rookie

Volz4lif3's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
OD saved the series for me. Last year was the first time I got really into NCAA on this generation of consoles and it was as much fun as I've ever had with the entire series. Competing against so many of your friends is always going to be a blast.

As a whole I think the excitement is gone because EA blew it on this generation. They got off on the wrong foot and never really put out a quality game IMO until '13. You can't get excited for something that you know will be average at best.

That being said, I'm very excited for '14. Not as I excited as I was a decade ago when 2003/2004 were dropping. But I'm also in my 30's now and my priorities are just a TAD different than they were in 2003.
Yea very well said.. As with you OD did save the series with me also. I've always played online but with all the cheesers and what not it was becoming stale, I believe OD saved the series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »