Home

INJURIES

This is a discussion on INJURIES within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #33
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Injuries dynasty mode ncaa 14

consider yourself lucky, I'm in week 10 of my own "offline" online dynasty and battling injuries. my starting QB is 3 weeks into a 6 week fractured forearm. my starting RB went down for 2 weeks 2 seperate times. lost my starting MLB for 3 weeks, my LOLB is currently out for 2 weeks and I have a WR that likes to get hurt every week but only for the game.

had a game against Minn where I couldn't keep anyone on the field and the game ended on a 4th and 3 on Minn's 8 yard line down by 4... the MLB blasted through and sacked my QB to win the game for Minn, oh yeah and break my QBs arm in teh process. that was a brutal game to lose and lose my QB on the very last play of the game.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #34
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

My starting FS was knocked out for 12 weeks with broken ribs in the first game of the season in year 1. Two games later I lost my #1 CB to a broken leg while he was returning a kickoff and my starting FB was knocked out with a broken wrist, hand I think. I've also had some minor ones occur to my team that they have returned from in the same game.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #35
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
2 seasons in and zero injuries for me.

Really? You're lucky. I'm playing with Tulane and my top RB and WR get hurt almost every single game. I've been thinking the injuries are completely ridiculous! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #36
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
ncaa 14 dynasty injuries

my players rarely lose time to injury...is there any way to increase injuries?
Old 07-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: INJURIES

not sure if anyone mentioned it, I didn't see it anyway, there is a coaching talent that reduces injury in dynasty. May have something to do with it, depending if you started a new coach or used an existing with lots of skills.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #38
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
It's pretty crappy to have to do but lowering your players injury ratings was the way to go in 13 and probably is this year as well. It's not supposed to affect sim games, for those concerned about that- but who knows if it does this year

I will begin testing a scale of injury rating redux for all positions excluding QB and HB who already get injured frequently from the sound of it. Perhaps if anything ill test them with a slight redux like minus 10 points.

I would LOVE to be able to trigger o line injuries. Believe it or not, I saw my right tackle go down in my very first game of ncaa 14. He was out for the game! This was straight out of the box settings on all American. I was floored.
Hey Ched, have you run your test yet?

I am doing an experiment now, since defensive injuries for the user or so rare. I deducted -10 points from injury attribute for all defensive players on my roster.

In three games since, I do have a significant defensive injury to report. One of my starting Linebackers suffered a broken collarbone, and is out 10 weeks! I didn't even realize when it occurred, as it was away from the ball. This may be pure coincidence, but I'm considering lowering defensive injury ratings some more, although it's a tedious process, but maybe it will be effective.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #39
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Hey Ched, have you run your test yet?

I am doing an experiment now, since defensive injuries for the user or so rare. I deducted -10 points from injury attribute for all defensive players on my roster.

In three games since, I do have a significant defensive injury to report. One of my starting Linebackers suffered a broken collarbone, and is out 10 weeks! I didn't even realize when it occurred, as it was away from the ball. This may be pure coincidence, but I'm considering lowering defensive injury ratings some more, although it's a tedious process, but maybe it will be effective.
I saw my opponents running back break a vertebrae or something out for 10 weeks on default settings.

I have not done testing for this yet, haven't had a chance to play all weekend. But oraeon posted his template for reductions via positions. It is on page 4 of his coaching sliders and team stats thread in the slider section. In posting from phone so I can't just copy and paste. That's what I used in 13 and want to test to see of it works for14. I can tell u that o and d line injuries are reduced to the 30-40 range! And even on that, in 13, I had no o lineman go down, but I did have a lot of defensive end injuries. His template is pretty solid but I'd like to try going even lower to be honest

I will post findings in a new thread when I can get the testing done
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #40
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

I've played only one game of my Dynasty. In that one game I lost my starting HB for 7 weeks and my starting CB for 4 weeks. Definitely seeing injuries on my part, hopefully this isn’t a season long trend or I will be in trouble. Staying in relevancy this season with The Badgers will be enough of a struggle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »