Home

Offseason coaching carousel

This is a discussion on Offseason coaching carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #17
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Offseason coaching carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb
Greg Robinson. HC of Syracuse -> DC of Michigan -> Punting coach at a high school.
Again, Robinson was fired from Syracuse... he didn't just decide one day he would rather be a DC... he took that job because no one else wanted him as head coach. I don't think that is what they are talking about.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #18
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
That is correct. It will give you one appropriate for your HC Coaching level, but you don't have say in the exact one you get. He might have more or less points than the one you lost, but you can still reassign the points he does have.
That sucks. I mean, I can understand if you are an OC and your coach leaves, the AD is going to pick the new coach, but if you are a head coach, I would think you pretty much get to pick your coordinators lol.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #19
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb
Greg Robinson. HC of Syracuse -> DC of Michigan -> Punting coach at a high school.
Robinson was fired from Syracuse before becoming the DC at Michigan, that happens all the time. The point he's trying to make is a head coach in good standing at an FBS school would never leave his job to be a coordinator at another FBS school.

That being said, it looks like EA fixed the logic as my HC was only offered other HC jobs. But that's based on limited testing.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

Nope, they didn't fix anything, I got offered almost every OC job as the HC of uab. But hey, I can spend real money of Ultimate team packs!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #21
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

I'm now in season 4 with San Jose as a coordinator.

Record is 6-6, 6-7 and 7-6. I'm still a D and only get offered equally crappy coordinator jobs :-(.

This is good though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #22
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
Nope, they didn't fix anything, I got offered almost every OC job as the HC of uab. But hey, I can spend real money of Ultimate team packs!
I honestly don't have a huge problem with that. If you are the head coach at UAB and you get offered a high profile OC position with a school like Bama or LSU, I would think some coaches might see that as a step up. However, what I hope I don't see is someone who is head coach at a high profile job like say UGA leave to take the OC position at another high profile job like Texas. Equally, I wouldn't want a head coach at UAB leave to take an OC job at USF either.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #23
Rookie

shmoeco's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
I have a specific question if anyone will indulge me. Me and a few of my friends are starting a online dynasty with the bottomest of the barrel teams. Has anyone tried this yet and how long/what was your record until you begin getting higher HC offers?
I have played through one season on 14 and was the OC at Central Michigan. After that season I was promoted to head coach. I simulated to the season real quick to see what kind of job offers there were and I got hired at Michigan as the HC.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #24
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoeco
I have played through one season on 14 and was the OC at Central Michigan. After that season I was promoted to head coach. I simulated to the season real quick to see what kind of job offers there were and I got hired at Michigan as the HC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »