Home

Your ACTUAL Favorite part of NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Your ACTUAL Favorite part of NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Your ACTUAL Favorite part of NCAA 14

I love the sounds and stadium environments this year. Hearing Rocky Top with the crowd singing, just gives me chills every time I hear it. I love it!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 11

Man, where do I start?!

1. The new IE2.0 is crazy!! I took back Madden 13 because I didn't like it, but 2.0 is off the charts!

2. Running game. Ability to run a spread option, read option, and the cuts and moves are amazing!

3. Defense. It just feels more realistic to me (IMO).

4. Since I only play offline dynasty (its true, don't like playing online.) The recruiting is great. I did enjoy the old system but I can appreciate how less time consuming the new system is.

5. The ESPN in game updates!! Awwww man, I'm loving this! The halftime show, and I actually do enjoy the commentary.

6. I played Nose Tackle in High School/College and the line play is probably my favorite part of the game. Its an actual fight in there just like real life! I can't wait to recruit a REAL DT to cause so real havoc in the back field.

To everyone complaining about "this is broken" "this game year after year disappoints" "they won't get my $$$ next year" and all that ying yang, all I can say is I respectfully have to disagree 100%. $60 bucks? Whats that, a tank of gas, business lunch, dinner with wife (depending where you go haha), its not much really. I can come home have a cold brew (or 2 or 3..or 4 haha) and relive my ball playing days vicariously through a video game and not have to deal with injuries? I'll take that deal ALL DAY!

I remember being hype for Madden 92 haha and being extra geeked with all my cousins talking about how real it looks HAHA. Sorry to take you down memory lane, but I'm just saying sometimes people are trippin'. Its a video game baby. If you want REAL football get off the couch and go find a REAL football game (not a rant, promise).

Thats my 2 cents... (from a old guy with broke knees HAHA)
Old 07-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #19
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
Man, where do I start?!

1. The new IE2.0 is crazy!! I took back Madden 13 because I didn't like it, but 2.0 is off the charts!

2. Running game. Ability to run a spread option, read option, and the cuts and moves are amazing!

3. Defense. It just feels more realistic to me (IMO).

4. Since I only play offline dynasty (its true, don't like playing online.) The recruiting is great. I did enjoy the old system but I can appreciate how less time consuming the new system is.

5. The ESPN in game updates!! Awwww man, I'm loving this! The halftime show, and I actually do enjoy the commentary.

6. I played Nose Tackle in High School/College and the line play is probably my favorite part of the game. Its an actual fight in there just like real life! I can't wait to recruit a REAL DT to cause so real havoc in the back field.

To everyone complaining about "this is broken" "this game year after year disappoints" "they won't get my $$$ next year" and all that ying yang, all I can say is I respectfully have to disagree 100%. $60 bucks? Whats that, a tank of gas, business lunch, dinner with wife (depending where you go haha), its not much really. I can come home have a cold brew (or 2 or 3..or 4 haha) and relive my ball playing days vicariously through a video game and not have to deal with injuries? I'll take that deal ALL DAY!

I remember being hype for Madden 92 haha and being extra geeked with all my cousins talking about how real it looks HAHA. Sorry to take you down memory lane, but I'm just saying sometimes people are trippin'. Its a video game baby. If you want REAL football get off the couch and go find a REAL football game (not a rant, promise).

Thats my 2 cents... (from a old guy with broke knees HAHA)
I agree with everything you said, especially about the fact that this is a video game. It ain't real life, but to me it's close enough this year.

My favorite thing about NCAA 14 is the left stick quick jukes and read option.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Running game.
Playing defensive end.
IE2.
Graphically superior.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

The option game for me as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #22
Rookie

hazelhood19's Arena

OVR: 3

I love how I can bull rush an o-lineman and drive him right back into the quarterback. Also, how well the pocket forms.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #23
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5

My favorite aspect of the game this year are the presentation improvements. For the people saying that nothing was done for the in game ESPN presentation, give me some of whatever you're smoking.

Between the refined studio updates, drive tracker, impact player discussion, new overlays, the live game clock, pregame and halftime shows, updated cutscenes, I feel like for the first time I can watch a CPU vs CPU game and it feels like an actual ESPN broadcast, not an ESPN in an NCAA game broadcast like it has felt before.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #24
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

I am enjoying everything you guys mentioned so I don't want to just repeat it all. The one thing I have liked that I have not seen posted is the addition of Gameface! You can't beat having your RTG guy look just like you. Really adds to the experience and is a nice touch when taking in game photos.

NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »