Home

Am I the only one who hates the new recruting?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who hates the new recruting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Am I the only one who hates the new recruting?

I don't mind it. I missed the old version at first, but I got through a few weeks in a dynasty last night, and it's growing on me. Takes a while to get used to. Its important to flip through all the menu's/screens on the right though for scouting, and visits and such.

I'm a bit lost on how visits work though. I get a bunch of recruits that are ready to visit, but the screen says i should schedule them later because they are worth more bonus points, but I can only schedule them as their first visit. So I waited a week, thinking maybe some other teams would schedule them early, and I could get a later slot, however the recruits just seemed to disappear completely the following week from the ready to visit list. Maybe I'm missing something here, I dont know. I'm sure in time I'll figure it all out.

I do like that its faster to get through each week though. It was so time consuming in the past.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

I love it. It's faster and more strategic in scheduling visits and who you need to go after. It's a little weird getting used to it and I have made some mistakes scheduling visits too late. In games where I had scheduled visits and opponents have scheduled visits, commits came right from those games.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like it. It is not the set it and forget it ezmode some people claim. You have to check on your recruits every week to be the first to offer a prime spot (week 14) for a visit. You also need to redistribute the points as you are recruiting a player no one else wants, or scout a new gem and are behind on.

I do feel that end of the year recruiting is a waste... You must spend 10,000+ points to land 1 player. Basically if you did not pick up what you need during the season you have to pick 1, at most 2, players to recruit in the off season.

I think it is too hard to land players you want, even when you start the year in their top 3. We need a coach tree skill for 3 uses of +1500 points to use during the season. This would give me the ability to push hard to recruit those game breaking players that are must haves on the depth chart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #12
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I don't mind it. I missed the old version at first, but I got through a few weeks in a dynasty last night, and it's growing on me. Takes a while to get used to. Its important to flip through all the menu's/screens on the right though for scouting, and visits and such.

I'm a bit lost on how visits work though. I get a bunch of recruits that are ready to visit, but the screen says i should schedule them later because they are worth more bonus points, but I can only schedule them as their first visit. So I waited a week, thinking maybe some other teams would schedule them early, and I could get a later slot, however the recruits just seemed to disappear completely the following week from the ready to visit list. Maybe I'm missing something here, I dont know. I'm sure in time I'll figure it all out.

I do like that its faster to get through each week though. It was so time consuming in the past.
Don't wait to schedule. Schedule early if you have a decent lead and can schedule some complimentary visits. If you want to schedule later, then simply schedule for one of your last games. When the CPU schedules, they will have to schedule around your visit which means some, if not all depending on your scheduled visit, will end up being earlier and you will move down into the later slots with the higher bonuses.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #13
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
I like it. It is not the set it and forget it ezmode some people claim. You have to check on your recruits every week to be the first to offer a prime spot (week 14) for a visit. You also need to redistribute the points as you are recruiting a player no one else wants, or scout a new gem and are behind on.

I do feel that end of the year recruiting is a waste... You must spend 10,000+ points to land 1 player. Basically if you did not pick up what you need during the season you have to pick 1, at most 2, players to recruit in the off season.

I think it is too hard to land players you want, even when you start the year in their top 3. We need a coach tree skill for 3 uses of +1500 points to use during the season. This would give me the ability to push hard to recruit those game breaking players that are must haves on the depth chart.
This can help you with offseason recruiting..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ing-logic.html
Old 07-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

I love the new recruiting speed, setup, flow, and information presented to you. I don't love some of the bugs (players unrecruited), but we had those in the past as well - now there is just a search filter to find them easier.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

With a few tweaks, it could be better than the old system.

I was never a fan of having to search for a recruits favorite pitches. I mean, a phone call to a recruit would probably just ask "What are you most interested in...." and then sell the school on that.

So knowing ahead of time is nice.

Also, if you think just setting points in week 1, and forgetting it for the rest of the year will yield top results, that's a mistake you will regret. Sure, you can leave point totals for an entire year and still land recruits, but with the major CPU point total swings, you have to be more attentive to the point totals.

The simplified recruiting method does save time, but those who want to put more time into it certainly still can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
Also, if you think just setting points in week 1, and forgetting it for the rest of the year will yield top results, that's a mistake you will regret. Sure, you can leave point totals for an entire year and still land recruits, but with the major CPU point total swings, you have to be more attentive to the point totals.

The simplified recruiting method does save time, but those who want to put more time into it certainly still can.
Agreed, but in reality it is a 'set it and do a 10s pass each week' now. The way the present the leads and weekly +/- it is very easy to do a quick pass and see if something needs adjusted.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »