Home

NCAA Will Not Renew EA Sports Contract, NCAA Football Series is Dead in Name Only

This is a discussion on NCAA Will Not Renew EA Sports Contract, NCAA Football Series is Dead in Name Only within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #417
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA Will Not Renew EA Sports Contract, NCAA Football Series is Dead in Name Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
People aren't going to understand that the only thing they are losing is the NCAA name/logo, so it's to the point where people can probably quit trying to explain it.

NCAA is a separate entity than the colleges.
Yeah but do u think the colleges themselves will want to get involved with the court cases that will follow for the samething? Plus whoes to say all Div 1 schools will agree to have their school used.

This is the end of college footbal games as you know it. I wish it wasn't but it is.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #418
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: NCAA Will Not Renew EA Sports Contract, NCAA Football Series is Dead in Name Only

Okay, I completely admit to having never heard of the CLC until a few pages into this thread (as evidenced by my post on the first page). Looks like it's not dead after all.

However from what I understand, not all of the schools are under its umbrella?

Still waiting to hear from EA and/or the CLC on this.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #419
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Nice
Yeah but do u think the colleges themselves will want to get involved with the court cases that will follow for the samething? Plus whoes to say all Div 1 schools will agree to have their school used.

This is the end of college footbal games as you know it. I wish it wasn't but it is.
No it's not. It's basically unchanged from the way it is now except the NCAA won't be affiliated. The schools were already through the CLC. NOTHING CHANGES!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #420
Rookie

loveburger's Arena

OVR: 8

It's not just removing the NCAA name and logos from the game... what appears on the surface is never that simple on cases like this... This is more of a wait and see what happens thing. Hopefully the game doesn't get affected too much
Old 07-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #421
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

Statement from EA:

http://www.ea.com/news/update-on-ea-...llege-football

"This is simple: EA SPORTS will continue to develop and publish college football games, but we will no longer include the NCAA names and marks. Our relationship with the Collegiate Licensing Company is strong and we are already working on a new game for next generation consoles which will launch next year and feature the college teams, leagues and all the innovation fans expect from EA SPORTS. "
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #422
Rookie

loveburger's Arena

OVR: 8

EA reps are saying what they need to say when news hits.. simple damage control to prevent any PR fiascos... but nobody can be so sure everything will remain the same. I hope it does however.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #423
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
WELP

That's about it. We can step off the ledge people.

Phew

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #424
Pro

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBravesFan
"Lou Holtz College Football 15" presented by EA...

Ehhhh....
I was thinking Lee Corso or Kirk Herbstreit College Football 15.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »