Home

National Championship Game flaw?

This is a discussion on National Championship Game flaw? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #33
Rookie

LakerPride's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: National Championship Game flaw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastin
Are we talking about the same BAMA that lost to LSU........Than they proceeded to beat LSU so your argument kinda folded on itself.......Ok. State had one bad game which happens often in College football. and i know this will get a ton of Iowa state isn't BAMA.......true but BAMA's offense was nowhere near what Ok. States offense was
Remember, OK State put up those stats against horrible Big 12 defenses while Bama had to deal with tough SEC defenses. Ok State was 2th in PPG and 4th in YPG. On the flip Bama only allowed 8 ppg and 180 ypg both by far #1 in the country.

You say Alabama's offense wasn't close, but they still averaged 35 PPG good for 20th and ypg was 31st. Ok state's defense was ranked 107 in the country. Plain and simple, Ok state was overrated and it showed vs Iowa State.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastin
Are we talking about the same BAMA that lost to LSU........Than they proceeded to beat LSU so your argument kinda folded on itself.......Ok. State had one bad game which happens often in College football. and i know this will get a ton of Iowa state isn't BAMA.......true but BAMA's offense was nowhere near what Ok. States offense was
What does Alabamas lost to regular season ending #1 LSU have to do with Oklahoma St losing to a team that was 6-4 with that win? If you wanted to see Ok St get smashed by LSU all they had to do is beat a mediocre mid level Big 12 team. Somehow they couldn't. Oregon had already lost. It was there to take. Oops. Cyclones win, when that great Offense faltered and threw a pick.

It has more to do with LSU's D than Alabama's offense. Its not like AJ McCarron and Trent Richardson was a bad combo. The team hadn't had any problems other than the first LSU game. I'll give you that Oklahoma St's offense was probably overall better than Bamas. I would only say marginally (it was Weeden and Blackmon, thats about it). But either of those two SEC teams Defenses that yr would have worn out Ok St. If Oregon got man handled by LSU, what makes you think Ok St wouldve faired any better? Seeing as how Darron Thomas and LaMichael James with DAT were leaps and bounds more deadly.

I'm not saying that the SEC is unbeatable from top to bottom, (see in intervals: Kentucky, MS St, Ole Miss, Vandy, Aub) but the top, those 4-5, are FAR BETTER than the rest of the nation. Its not accidentally 7 straight titles.

My team would get smashed in a game against them(and does regularly), and so would yours. ITS JUST THE WAY IT IS. Lol

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited by GritSnSpeed; 07-25-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #35
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerPride
Remember, OK State put up those stats against horrible Big 12 defenses while Bama had to deal with tough SEC defenses. Ok State was 2th in PPG and 4th in YPG. On the flip Bama only allowed 8 ppg and 180 ypg both by far #1 in the country.

You say Alabama's offense wasn't close, but they still averaged 35 PPG good for 20th and ypg was 31st. Ok state's defense was ranked 107 in the country. Plain and simple, Ok state was overrated and it showed vs Iowa State.
How much of it is the "Vaunted" SEC defenses when the offenses are garbage in the conference. No SEC team would survive week to week in the Pac 12 cause they can't score. Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Oregon State, ASU, Arizona, Washington, Cal and SC can all score a ton. Thats a ton of pressure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 01:55 AM   #36
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

I want to post this before this thread gets closed (and I'm sure it will for being off topic). I think we have a great discussion going here. I started a thread & poll in the college football discussion forum. Let's keep this going, here's the link:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...overrated.html
Old 07-25-2013, 04:26 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
He meant that USC was #1 in both polls when the teams were selected for the BCS Bowls. They were #3 in the BCS despite being #1 in the AP poll and coaches poll, which is what kept them out of the title game.
I can't seem to find the accurate final regular season coaches poll in 2003. if you search on ESPN.com's week by week 2003 polls, in week 16 it has Oklahoma listed as #1, still undefeated. (before they lost to K-State) this is a bug because there should be a final regular season poll after they lost to K-State. but it doesn't list it.

I'd like to see the actual final regular season coaches poll if someone can find it. Maybe USC was #1 in both polls, I can't remember, but it was quite close if I remember correctly and very controversial.

Tradition was for the BigTen vs Pac10 to play in the Rose Bowl, so that might have played a role in what happened. But I'd like to see that final regular season coaches poll to see how the split was in how many first place votes, overall votes, etc each time got after OU lost to K-State. It was pretty close between USC and LSU for #2 before OU lost though. 1,506 for USC and 1,451 for LSU it seems.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
With the way the BCS is set up, anything is possible.
On that note, when does the Big Least errr, I mean the "American Conference" lose their automatic BCS Bid?

What a joke of a conference...

psn - CeeGee
Old 07-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #39
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

SEC CHAMP game is real national title game anyways.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I guess im kidding myself. Ok St was better than LSU in mu opinion. Yet Bama shouldn't have even gotten in. it should have been LSU vs Ok St.
And Ok.St lost to Iowa State that season. That's why they didn't play for the championship. It didn't have anything to do with an SEC bias.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »