Home

Where are all the Gamechangers at?

This is a discussion on Where are all the Gamechangers at? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #105
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Where are all the Gamechangers at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantiMania
I don't agree at all.

There are corporations/businesses out there that are customer friendly -- and not only respect their customers, but actually build their policies from the customer out. Amazon & Costco are two MASSIVE corporations that quickly come to mind. In my opinion, these are the type of companies we should all support.

Also, I think it's disingenuous to try to downplay EAs lack of respect for their customers. EA is considered one of the worst out of all companies/corporations in existence as voted by consumers. People didn't wake up one day and start disliking EA. EA earned that reputation with how they've treated their customers.
Yeah you should bring that up a few more times you haven't leaned on the EA was voted worst company ever stuff enough. Doesn't hold much weight with me, EA is what EA is.

If you want to believe there are companies out there that don't try to do what it takes to make things look the way they want to, more power to you.

Nothing I've said has been disingenuous. I have no real feelings towards EA one way or the other. I just find threatening the well being or lives of others, or making vile personal attacks over a video game to be absurd, and not how we want to be represented here. Apparently you feel because those guys develop video games for EA, that's an acceptable way to act. Sign of the times I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #106
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I don't agree at all.

There are corporations/businesses out there that are customer friendly -- and not only respect their customers, but actually build their policies from the customer out. Amazon & Costco are two MASSIVE corporations/businesses that quickly come to mind. In my opinion, these are the type of companies we should all support.

Also, I think it's disingenuous to try to downplay EAs lack of respect for their customers. EA is considered one of the worst out of all companies/corporations in existence as voted by consumers. People didn't wake up one day and start disliking EA. EA earned that reputation with how they've treated their customers.
I, myself, have never been disrespected by EA. I watch the gameplay videos each year before the game comes out, I read the impressions from many people I respect in this community, and I make a decision to buy the game each year. If I felt disrespected, I wouldn't buy the game the next year. If anyone feels disrespected by EA, then don't buy the game. Why are you continuing to buy a product when you feel disrespected?

It's very simple, if you want to make your voice heard, then don't buy the game if it's that bad.

I understand being frustrated with some of the problems, but overall EA puts out a fun game each year which I can play when I want to relax and take a break from the real world and its problems ha.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #107
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I don't agree at all.

There are corporations/businesses out there that are customer friendly -- and not only respect their customers, but actually build their policies from the customer out. Amazon & Costco are two MASSIVE corporations/businesses that quickly come to mind. In my opinion, these are the type of companies we should all support.

You keep bringing up that consumerist website regarding EA's ranking as the worst company.

Is there a similar article from a more reputable business orientated website like Wall Street Journal, Forbes, heck I'll even take the business section of CNN?

Those are reliable business sources.

Otherwise, the consumerist website means nothing to me.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #108
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
If the sliders worked like they are supposed to, then most of the hate would go away. That's my biggest gripe.
I'd also like some detailed documentation on what every slider is supposed to do or what part of the game each slider impacts. Means the slider dudes wouldn't have to spend so much time tuning their slider sets.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:39 AM   #109
Rookie

MantiMania's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You keep bringing up that consumerist website regarding EA's ranking as the worst company.

Is there a similar article from a more reputable business orientated website like Wall Street Journal, Forbes, heck I'll even take the business section of CNN?

Those are reliable business sources.

Otherwise, the consumerist website means nothing to me.
Sure, here you go:

"EA is the Worst Company in America, Now What?"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...rica-now-what/

Last edited by MantiMania; 07-29-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:47 AM   #110
Rookie

MantiMania's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by willIam9387
I, myself, have never been disrespected by EA. I watch the gameplay videos each year before the game comes out, I read the impressions from many people I respect in this community, and I make a decision to buy the game each year. If I felt disrespected, I wouldn't buy the game the next year. If anyone feels disrespected by EA, then don't buy the game. Why are you continuing to buy a product when you feel disrespected?

It's very simple, if you want to make your voice heard, then don't buy the game if it's that bad.

I understand being frustrated with some of the problems, but overall EA puts out a fun game each year which I can play when I want to relax and take a break from the real world and its problems ha.
It's either EAs $60 annual patches or it is nothing. The type of disrespect I am talking about is a company strong arming a market, not supporting its product (e.g. not fixing bugs/issues, releasing broken/unfinished products, constantly setting new anti consumer precedents with their oligopoly, etc. etc. etc.

If EA didn't own/control 80% of the sports video game market it would be easy for everybody to simply choose another product and move on.

Last edited by MantiMania; 07-29-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:52 AM   #111
Rookie

MantiMania's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This is now the third time I've asked you to answer my question of how you know what the dev interaction was like in 2009 if you just joined last month.

You're clearly interacting with the thread and have seen my questions so please don't ignore me a third time.

The reason I didn't answer your question is because it was irrelevant as it related to the discussion/debate.

I've been a sports video game enthusiast/player-- with an internet connection-- dating back to the mid 90s. Anybody who follows the industry has some general familiarity with the ea/community drama that has been going on this entire generation.

Last edited by MantiMania; 07-29-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 04:53 AM   #112
MVP

OVR: 3

Skinny Pete yo.

Last edited by RandyBass; 07-29-2013 at 05:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »