Home

Worst/Dumbest Commentary Lines

This is a discussion on Worst/Dumbest Commentary Lines within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Worst/Dumbest Commentary Lines

I thought I'd start compiling a list of the worst commentary lines in NCAA 14. I've barely heard anything new this year, and for a team that prides itself so much on presentation, the commentary is drab, lifeless, and repeats the same nonsense over and over. I really think EA needs to dump Herbstreet and whatshisname for commentators who actually have a pulse and can find more than one day out of their busy schedules to record 3 or 4 lines. (Heck, Joe Buck would be a step up). But I dedicate this thread to the worst of the worst...

(some are slightly paraphrased)

"He needs to do a better job avoiding the rush, because sacks can be real drive killers." (So what you're saying is sacks are bad??)

On similar vein, "Penalties can ruin a team's chances to win if they commit too many." (I disagree, I always try to take as many penalties as possible to try to hustle my opponent).

"This isn't the best example, but this young man is getting better at running his routes..." If it's not the best example, why are you mentioning it??!! This just in: Vain attempt to mimic spontaneity results in epic failure.

Then there's Nessler's painfully canned comments at the beginning of a drive. "Their last drive ended in a (punt / interception / fumble), so they'll be looking for a better result here." Well thank you Capt. Obvious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Worst/Dumbest Commentary Lines

If these are what you consider the worst/dumbest lines, you must really hate watching football on tv.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Rookie

DonnyARKMac's Arena

OVR: 0

Or every time you punt on 4th down, you come back and they say you went for it and the defense stopped you short...I guess that EA's screw up but still annoying as heck.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I HATE when they say stupid things they would NEVER say on TV. When you are having a blowout they will say things that diss the game like 'we just wanna get out of here' or 'we have a plane to catch' or something about hotel reservations. The worst is when he says after halftime that he wishes Reece and David Pollack could switch places with them cause its a blowout. And don't even get me started on the David Pollack lines.. some of them are cringe worthy.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Whats really bad about is, is it not using the correct commentary for situations.

Like saying "This quarterback really needs to make better decisions. He should be throwing it away in these situations, not trying to force the pass." When you actually threw it away.

It is not so much the dialog that is so bad. Its is how poorly EA has messed up the implementation this year. So much of it is said at an incorrect time.

I've resorted to turning it off, and just having the crowed and field sounds up all the way.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I HATE when they say stupid things they would NEVER say on TV. When you are having a blowout they will say things that diss the game like 'we just wanna get out of here' or 'we have a plane to catch' or something about hotel reservations. The worst is when he says after halftime that he wishes Reece and David Pollack could switch places with them cause its a blowout. And don't even get me started on the David Pollack lines.. some of them are cringe worthy.
Ya that is pretty bad. I actually always skip halftime and pre game because those dudes lines are bad. I had forgotten about them though because I skip it every time.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

My Vol QB went like 31-35 for 4 TDs in a dramatic 42-41 comeback win AT Oregon.

My next game is Tennessee (me) at Florida, and the lead-in is:

"Questions about whether Tennessee's QB can win on the road... blah controversy blah... sometimes after a game like he had last week, you've just got to circle the wagons and stick by your guy, blah blah..."

Because teams have to circle wagons to defend why their superhero starting QB is still starting?
Old 08-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

hopefully someday we can record our own custom commentary and put it onto the game like custom stadium sounds haha that would be sick

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »