Home

SEC, Pac-12, Big Ten Won't License Trademarks in Future Video Games

This is a discussion on SEC, Pac-12, Big Ten Won't License Trademarks in Future Video Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #121
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The SEC Won't License Trademarks in Future Video Games

My money says, B1G goes next. Just have a feeling they are "that" panty waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
I find this to be a perfect time to throw out what I've been saying for years.

RELEASE THE DAMN GAME ON PC.

Make it fully moddable, and it really does not matter one damn bit which schools/conferences/whatever sign on with you to use their logos, names, games, etc. EVERY school in the NCAA could pull out of the game tomorrow and it would take modders all of a week or two to put all of that stuff back in the game as if nothing ever happened, and oh by the way it would be better.

Anyhow, i agree, only i want it to go one step further. Someone pick up a copy of '14, get that SOB cracked open and let the games begin. I can not for the life of me figured out why this hasn't happened, or frankly why it can't happen.

If we could go through with customization today, with what we have, we wouldn't sneeze at a missing title in the future.

Someone educate me.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #122
MVP

OVR: 23

Now we'll see if any individual schools start dropping out, if they do then it's pretty much over.

Pasta still thinks we'll get a College Football 15 though:

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre 2m
I do believe there will be a college game released next year. EA will look for return on investment regardless. Could die soon after though.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #123
Rookie

MNHuskerman's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1980
Madden sucks compared to NBA2K, FIFA, and MLB The Show
Let me correct you, the current engine Madden was built on for this generation sucks, and granted that was EA's fault. But without that handicap going into next gen, watch and see what Madden will become. When the EA team no longer has to worry and waste time/production/$$$ putting out a half-baked NCAA Football game, Madden will become the crown jewel it should have been all along. They have been working on the Ignite Engine for a few years now building up for next gen. They will hit the ground running on next gen, whereas they totally stumbled out of the chutes at the beginning of current gen. You really think 2K, Fifa and the Show will outshine Madden if EA truly puts all their effort in on ONE Football game? Please. Madden will be the sports videogame boss within 1-2 years and I'm calling it out now. However, if this NCAA suit ends up bankrupting EA, all bets are obviously off at that point.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #124
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Blaming the Players is easy and Lazy?
UCLA provided Ed O'Bannon with a free education, food, and healthcare valued at over $100,000.

ULCA and the NCAA provided a platform for Ed O'Bannon to showcase his talents and provided him with National exposure to build his personal Brand.

In 1995 Ed O'Bannon signed a 3-year $3.9 million dollar contract.

So now it's EA sports fault and the NCAA that Ed O'Bannon squander his riches? And he is trying to get a small piece of something he was already compensated for, but not in the way he wanted it?

it's easy to say pay the players, the NCAA makes money on them. But let me ask you a question. How many ppl on OS could name the top 25 minor league baseball players in this country? Now how man ppl on OS can name the top 25 collegiate football players? The NCAA and it's member university provide these players with unprecedented exposure to build their brands and get a free education. The "student-athlete" has to recognize that opportunity and make the most of it.
I couldn't say it any better than this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #125
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Looks like it'll just be madden for me next summer boys. Oh well, just means I spend less money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #126
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

ESPN updated the story. The Big Ten is out too.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-football-game
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #127

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yep. If I'm the SEC I would argue that because the SEC's entire mark is being used (Southeastern Football Conference) that its infringement and there is a high likelihood of confusion that people will think the conference that appears in the game is affiliated with the SEC.
Wouldn't you be able to argue that regardless of the name EA gives it but it is comprised of all the actual SEC teams?

Isn't that kind of what obannon's argument is? They never used his name but his likeness?
Old 08-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 6
Now is the sky falling chicken little .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »