Home

NCAA Football 14 Title Update #2 Available Now - Details Included (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Title Update #2 Available Now - Details Included (360, PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 Title Update #2 Available Now - Details Included (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garydee
Is shed blocking really better? Are dive plays still money?
From the game I played yesterday, yes block shedding seems to be fixed now and dive plays were less successful than previously. The game played much more realistically and believable than before and the give and take made alot more sense. The undercurrent of the game is definitely different now, its hard to pinpoint everything the devs did, but you can feel it. I was having a blast before and said I was all in. Now I'm allllll the way in. The series is definitely going into next gen with a bang. Best effort yet, its about time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #82
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 14 Title Update #2 Available Now - Details Included (360, PS3)

The only complaint I had was the no huddle after each play. Did they fix that?

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 08-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #83
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
The only complaint I had was the no huddle after each play. Did they fix that?
Yes...your menu pops up immediately...you have a little more time to adjust
Old 08-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #84
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
Just saying, by everyone saying they are taking the game back to gamestop.. that's not really helping anyone, including yoursefl.

1. You get about 40% of your money back
2. You already bough the game, EA made their money. They don't really care
3. What happens if they end up fixing everything? Then you want to buy the game back again. Even if its used, you're still paying over what you should have.

I understand its frustrating that things don't get patched first over other things, cuz trust me i was a little frustrated about some of the things that weren't "on the list."

Obviously you are entitled to do absolutely whatever you want, just saying its not really gaining anything for anyone/yourself.
Who are you to say they aren't helping themselves? A trade in could mean $30 towards GTA 5, the special edition. If it means he paid 30 bucks for a month of gameplay, then so be it. Still more hours put into NCAA than single player games that can be completed in 8-15 hours.

Last of Us (for example)+NCAA 14=New game.

If you want to say EA doesn't care then fine (though I do think EA cares about the abundance of used copies on the market, which limit the lifetime sales of the game). But to say they aren't helping themselves by getting rid of a game they aren't enjoying by the off chance that EA creates a patch in a month or so doesn't seem right. They are helping themselves to gameplay that will satisfy them.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #85
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

And yet no fix to custom stadium sounds
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #86
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
And yet no fix to custom stadium sounds
I dunno, to me they sound a little louder now.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #87
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Just started 3 games with my rtg post patch. 1st time sound was so garbled i couldn't even hear the crowd. Restarted the game, no sound at all. Restarted again, same thing. I'm reinstalling the patch now to see if that fixes anything.

I'm on ps3.

Will post again if issue continues.

If it does... Wow.
I haven't encountered prolonged periods with no sound at all but I played another game this morning and the audio drops are far worse than when they were before (on PS3). The "optimization" patch is a mixed bag at best.

If it doesn't get fixed I'm going to try to undo the updates and play the game as it came out of the box. I can deal with the gray face masks....not being able to play hurry-up offense without the sound dropping out before the play menu appears is way too annoying.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #88
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
From the game I played yesterday, yes block shedding seems to be fixed now and dive plays were less successful than previously. The game played much more realistically and believable than before and the give and take made alot more sense. The undercurrent of the game is definitely different now, its hard to pinpoint everything the devs did, but you can feel it. I was having a blast before and said I was all in. Now I'm allllll the way in. The series is definitely going into next gen with a bang. Best effort yet, its about time
I'm going to have to disagree with you completely on this. I played three games yesterday on Heisman, including games against Alabama and LSU, and running was just as easy as ever. They didn't touch that at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »