Home

Multiple Positions

This is a discussion on Multiple Positions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Multiple Positions

I didn't play 13 but wasn't there a feature where a player could be QB, WR, HB I don't see this in 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Multiple Positions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder15
I didn't play 13 but wasn't there a feature where a player could be QB, WR, HB I don't see this in 14.
You could, and still can, recruit 'ATH' or 'Athletes' who are players usually skilled at multiple positions. However, at the 'Position Changes' stage of the offseason, you may only choose 1 position for this player to be. You can move them to different positions in the depth chart all you want, but they will take a hit to their ratings (usually awareness) if they aren't playing their official position.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
Rookie

youngdro_NT's Arena

OVR: 3

Hate that awareness hit sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdro_NT
Hate that awareness hit sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, they should make it so Athletes don't take the hit when switching between positions that they were good at coming out of high school. For example, a CB/WR hybrid wouldn't take an awareness hit if you put him at WR or CB. But if you try and put him at like DE or something he would take the hit. Seems logical to me. Hopefully EA changes it for next gen (doubt it!).
Old 09-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
You could, and still can, recruit 'ATH' or 'Athletes' who are players usually skilled at multiple positions. However, at the 'Position Changes' stage of the offseason, you may only choose 1 position for this player to be. You can move them to different positions in the depth chart all you want, but they will take a hit to their ratings (usually awareness) if they aren't playing their official position.
If you wanna play someone at multiple positions you should research the ratings hits. In '13 I recruited an ATH that would be my slot receiver and nickle back (he was good enough to be my #2 CB, but I wanted him to have a chance to rest on D).

I created him in main menu -> edit teams as both a WR and a CB and then placed both versions of him in both the WR and CB depth charts. I then looked at his ratings hits. It wasn't just awareness, but he also lost CAR and even CTH (which is obviously very important for both WRs and CBs).

I don't remember the #s, but he lost 50% for some ratings as a CB playing WR while only losing 25% as a WR playing CB.
IE it was something like this:
His CTH was 80.
If I made him a CB, he'd have 80 CTH as a CB. If I play this CB as a WR his CTH was only 40 as a WR.
If I made him a WR, he'd have 80 CTH as a WR. If I put this WR in the CB depth chart his CTH as a CB was 60.

There were other ratings than AWR, CTH, and CAR that were nerfed by playing him out of position (I remember one was really stupid like RBK or something else completely meaningless for a WR or CB).

Because he took the least ratings hit as a WR playing CB I made him a WR.

The other thing to remember is that he'll progress for the position you chose so this dude had his receiving skills improve and his cover skills never did. If your guy needs improvement in a certain area, then you should probably choose that position.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Also if you try and put a QB at kick/punt returner his speed goes down like 30 or so points haha not even joking
Old 09-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
MVP

brent3419's Arena

on ncaa 13 i had an ath who was a safety and my starting qb. had a great arm and nasty coverage skills. but then in this one, ive found one similar but that stupid awareness hit for his defense abilitys so i just left him at qb

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »